Buildbox 3.0.0.3044 Rc2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Mar 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

another big problem is game doesn't save data when you play.
    its save data only when you click iPhone home button.
    if game crush when you play, all the levels and points gone.
    we need to save game in game for example when enter on new ui, game should be save.

2. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hello guys. Here is quick fix to issues you faced earlier.
    *macOS*: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.0-3049_405563ea5f9fc15bfb979340c4a5ca7f.zip
    *Windows*: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.0-3049_86e616056692169606da39b8ad446c16.exe
    change log:
    - Data not saved on iOS
    - Crash during gameplay that involved path
    - Crash if you happened to have Wakeup Node + Remove combination (in some cases)
    - Crash when you switch from one World To another (in some rare cases)
    - Touch Move node is blocking movement.
    - iPhone X screen resize issue

There is few more fixes coming and official `hot fix` announcement. But if you guys having issues please use this build and let me know.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Im assuming its coming in the hotfix but still crashes on trying to convert a BB2 doc.

4. AppTout

AppTout Boxer

Still issue with progression crashing (images used in objects in UI). Maybe it's in your upcoming hot fixes but just want to let you know

5. NikRudenko

Yes. This is scheduled for upcoming hot fix update.

Looking in to this issue right now. Will update you directly on this matter.

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  6. AppTout

AppTout Boxer

Sweet, thanks!

7. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

i am happy now :) thanks @NikRudenko
    [PTPlayer] - [PTPSettingsController] - save complete

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko there's a lot of movement going on with this BB3 RC2 and the hot fixes. It seems like you guys are really pushing it as it should. By the way, is there any custom solutions (like a BB plugin) for Publisher SDK implementations with BB3, we do not want to bother you when there's a publishing deal every time. :) It's not that this happens often, but there's a chance. Any thoughts on that. At this point most publishers would want to port the game to Unity, because there's a Unity plugin for that. Publishing games on our own becomes less and less practical. Those big publishers really changed the face of the game industry, creating trends, setting trends, maintaining trends. If they have control over trends, those who publish games on their own are on the other side of the table :p

BB as a tool will become more and more acceptable and anyone can create a game, that's not going to be an issue in the near future, but working with publishers is the next phase. When publishers stop accepting games due to high volume, they'll become more picky. I wonder then, what would be the next phase?!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  9. Sam Jam

Sam Jam Boxer

let's keep it positive guys!

10. Greatone

Greatone Boxer

Thx for the update @NikRudenko good stuff cant wait for the full release :)

11. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Another problem occurs is when I add Texture PNG files to objects (like ground, wall, sky), stretched objects without any respected ratio. When they are added into the scenes, they are kind of overlapping between two scenes so when play the game they shake / oscillate at the overlapping point. Haven't found a way around, maybe they have to be perfectly fit, but this shakeness or oscillation should not happen.

What would be the best texture size in png pixls for this to work? Since the objects are stretched, this may create problems in textures. JPEG textures do not respond at all. Only PNG files seem to work up to this point.

UPDATE: after playing around with this, I've noticed the issue. Each scene has a START and END instances. It's with END instance that's causing this. If I set the end scene to be with 0.01 or 0.001 points in the affected asset, they no longer overlap with the next START instance of the next scene (since END instance overlap with the START instance of the next scene - that's if the scenes are aligned) and this shakiness disappear. But clearly, that's a bug with BB3, RC 2

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  12. luigisalemme94

luigisalemme94 Boxer

@TreySmith and @NikRudenko

Thanks a lot for your answer, hope to see those nodes soon, i would really like to make use of them :)

One more thing i’d like to ask, is if you are planning to implement reading a sequence of obj/fbx/alembic so that we can have animated characters and so on. Any plan about this?

13. particles

particles Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko and @TreySmith

There are advantages/disadvantages of having If Collision with its own Shape.

It's better If BB3 have two options for If Collison.
    1. If Collision using Start Node's Collision Shape.
    2. If Collision using Own Collision Shape.

So that we can avoid performance issues in most of the cases.

14. samadqamar

samadqamar Boxer

I was excited about the new update but after updating the build box it started crashing, I was unaware of this issue and lost my +4 hour work. I am very frustrated even if I run a game it crashes.

15. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Oh no! Did you not save your work?

16. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, definitely want to do FBX and improve the whole support for models. What we have now is what we'll have at launch, but that will be core focus after the foundation is fully in place (i.e. we have all the right nodes, etc, for you guys to build what you want).

PunkPuffin, AndyG, itzonator and 2 others like this.
  17. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Nice! FBX is really good news to look forward to @TreySmith

18. NikRudenko

Yes...

19. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Totally agree. That is what I suggested in this post. Please vote if you like
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/bb3-collision-shapes-idea.15532/

You most definitely need to have a collision shape on the "If Collide" but also a lot of the time it is the same as that on the start node.

For example you need to just know if you collide with something so the collision object is the same as the start node. But what is you want to know say when a wheel of a car has a collision it is a different shape to the start node collider.

We do need more API access to colliders, and the setting of Size, Rotation, Scale is far to difficult we need direct input of these values.

20. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I see you're on Discord now @NikRudenko.
    We're all waiting for your first post.;)

NikRudenko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.