Algebri - Learn The Multiplication Table With Fun

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Robin Kamp, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Robin Kamp

Robin Kamp Boxer

Hi,
    my first game is a simple, yet challenging game. It has been added to the app store yesterday, so i am very happy to see my friends playing it. Hope you guys like it. Its free to play and there is no advertisement of any kind. Its just for pure enjoyment.

App Store - Search for "Algebri"

Game description:
    What is 7x8? If the answer did not come like a shot, then there is definitely room for improvement.
    Would you like to improve your multiplication knowledge without sacrificing fun? Then Algebri is just right for you because it refers to the essentials and helps you to become better and safer in the small multiplication table, while still challenging your reflexes and maneuver skills.

Just by tapping on the screen, your avatar can navigate through the correct answer. You have to be fast, otherwise it starts again from the beginning. When you have earned enough points, you can unlock more avatars in the main menu.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-25 um 13.15.15.png

Attached Files:

• Fav.png
      Fav.png
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
    MAC420, particles, PunkPuffin and 2 others like this.
  2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Nice Idea .Good Luck.

3. Robin Kamp

Robin Kamp Boxer

Thank you :)

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  4. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Great learning idea. I'll try it on the kids

5. Robin Kamp

Robin Kamp Boxer

Awesome, thanks :). Let me know how they do. If its too hard i'll probably have to do an "easy" mode. :) Not sure if the controls are too difficult.

6. steve

steve Avid Boxer

Nice looking game. Will download for my daughter, she's 9 and needs to know all her times tables by the end of summer term. Will let you know how she gets on.

A few points I'd make. Personally I'd do the scoring so you get a point for each answer you get right, rather than distance based. I think it would be better if it just restricted you from going off the top or bottom of the screen without you dying. Also I'd have less 0x and 1x sums.

It's the type of game I was thinking of doing when my son was learning his times tables. One idea I had back then was to have different worlds for each of the times tables. So if they need to work on say the 7 x table they could play that world. I'd also include 11x and 12x sums. Not sure about the US, but in the UK kids are expected to know up to 12x tables, so would be good to include them. Maybe start with the easier tables and then add the harder ones in the further they progress.

Just some thoughts. Well done for getting it to the app store, you did better than I did :)

7. Robin Kamp

Robin Kamp Boxer

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I made notes and will definitely improve it based on the feedback i've received so far.
    You are right. I was not sure if i should include the "0x" and "1x", but maybe i will just get rid of them, and add the 11x and 12x sums. :)
    Thanks again for the feedback. Cheers

8. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Looks great! Will it be on Android?