Buildbox 3.0.0.3044 Rc2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Mar 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Sadly this is nothing really new with BB.

I was excited because i was expecting this to be the no code release but in reality you still very much need code. I keep posting this but i will say it again.

Code should be a choice and not a necessity. If a programmer can create a node or logic with code a non-programmer should be able to do the exact same thing with nodes alone.

I just tried last night for an hour to create a player swipes when they let up then the object launches in that direction. Couldn't find a way to do it without programming which is unfortunate. In the last Master collection they made it clear that their goal was to make software so that you can be a solo developer. Well at this moment non programmers are suffering and it needs to change.

rizwanashraf likes this.
  2. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I hear you brother, Everyone here is because of Non Coding Game Engine, I personally have no issue with Coding, I mean you can do small tweaks with nodes if you just know the basics. but over all the Hype, *Lots of new features added* is something i believe is not true and also a developer's game changer is tagline is just a joke right now. i had so high hopes that this rc2 will be the real deal. They barely added 4 or 5 new nodes, no Api update (for us). btw the problem you are having i answered it on discord. yes that's a bug as well but who cares right. i dont know what to say anymore.

Tonyfisher6379 and thatguyminib like this.
  3. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Hi @NikRudenko , firstly I would like to thank you and the Buildbox team for how much time you have all put into BB3. Buildbox really is an incredible piece of software which allows many people to express their creativity through game design - hence why so many people use it. I have never been one to complain as I have always believed there is a reason or method behind delays/lack of content etc... On this occasion I have to say that I am a little disappointed as a Buildbox fan. Let me preface this by saying that support have been very helpful regarding any technical issues or queries I have had. The forum has also been a great place to seek advice and the bi-weekly updates have been informative regarding new features coming to the platform! I am very glad to see that communication has been upped!

I do have to say that I have been very frustrated over the past few months for a couple of reasons. I have enjoyed using BB3 but since November 2018 I have been unable to implement a couple of KEY features into my game. The first, being the ability to change character via lock/unlock buttons. This feature is obviously helpful in maintaining retention and adds a goal for users playing the game. The second issue I've been dealing with is scene unlock (when a player completes a level, they are able to go to a 'Level Select' UI and press a level they have previously completed and re-play that level e.g. they may have not collected all the coins in the level which may be required to unlock a new character).

I have emailed support and made it very clear on multiple occasions that these are highly requested/important features - among others. I have always made sure to attach screenshots of the problem as well as my bbdoc so the buildbox team can investigate. I have always been given a response each time that I have enquired - being: 'it's delayed until next weekend' or 'Hoping to have a build next week that solves these specific issues' or 'Investigating and will advise' followed with no advice. I completely understand having delays - it is normal and I don't have a problem with it, as long as when the update is released it meets expectation!

On the 1st Feb I had a reply reading 'Sorry for the inconvenience. We have it documented as a high priority fix for a quick update to RC2 coming shortly'. You can probably imagine my reaction to hearing that RC2 had come out (for me it was last night 22/03/2019). I then downloaded it and realised both the features I had been assured would be in the 'next update' were not in-fact in the next update which is why I am now writing this. These two 'issues' I have been having are the final two features I need to finish my game which has continued for the past 3-4 months. Like many others, I am a big buildbox fan and the reason behind my 'frustration' is because I want to see it succeed and for more people to start using the software.

Again I do not normally complain/rant so please do reply or message me if you need more information or you would like a more in depth explanation as to the issues I am having. As you can probably imagine, I feel as if I don't have much of a voice due to constant delays and excuses for the features not being implemented. I do understand that BB3 is currently in Beta development but seeing all these new (cool) features being added to BB3 makes me wonder if you are aware of lock/unlock character buttons not working as well and scene unlock buttons not being properly implemented as well as fundamental issues people are having all over the forum. I believe these features are available in BB2 - please correct me if I am wrong!!

Sorry for the rant!
    Will :)

mshuraih, NikRudenko and thatguyminib like this.
  4. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Where is the folder with templates ? I want to put fly template there.

5. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Someone be please kind enough and send those new templates so i can test and see new features. begging

6. menanche

menanche Boxer

Nobody has these new templates for now!
    There is a problem probably with the OS cache system.
    Templates will be in the hotfix...
    Also, API/Node References will be available when a full release comes out.

7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Just tried to open a BB2 doc. As soon as I said Yes to convert it crashed.

8. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

I wonder, reading your lines, why you have to stick with Buildbox. There is the best game engine for free, you can do everything you miss here in Buildbox, you can program everything with Blueprint Visual Scipting in a simple way, you have everything Buildbox won't bring in years to come - and as I said, for free. Check it out, Unreal Engine 4.

volcank likes this.
  9. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Hey Fredi, I am aware of those free engines, I love buildbox because it minus the coding process and let us focus more on Visual side of game. I am just disappointed and shared my thoughts. after all waiting and waiting when we get the update and we still have lot of missing features. i keep my mouth shut now and say nothing.

10. AppTout

AppTout Boxer

@NikRudenko Progression is broken with this update. Seems to be everything with an image within an object in a UI scene crashes on UI Scene load.

11. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  12. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Thank you guys for feedback. I'm carefully listening and we trying to address as mush as we can. Conversion BB2 to BB2 is a big and complex project. We covered a lot of cases for conversion but there is more improvements coming.
    If you have any crashes or issues with conversion please send me those BBDOC files and we will see what make them crashes and fix it.

Looks like due some caching not all templates get updated. We are looking in to that.
    @HueTheDev thank you for posting those templates.

We are currently working on hot fix for you. So stay tuned for more updates very soon.

13. rjp996tt

rjp996tt Boxer

Can't download the templates ISO Car Template or Ball Flipper Template.

14. NikRudenko

And once more to be clear. We value your feedback and feature request and all the effort you doing. It is just amazing how passioned you guys are. Keep it coming!
    But we can not implement all the stuff at once. Our resources are limited so we have to balance and set priorities.

bmsingha, Coldwilson, viking and 2 others like this.
  15. NikRudenko

16. rjp996tt

rjp996tt Boxer

thank you!!!

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  17. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

We dig all the hard work and we all want this to succeed. I think a reset in terms of time scale is needed as so much was promised last year and most of it we're still waiting for.

Getting some tutorials out the door would really go a long way right now, especially around advertising, character/shop etc - just to help ease the frustrations for some.

Hue Buildbox and NikRudenko like this.
  18. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  19. Dario

Dario Boxer

Is there a multiple character selector (buy with a game currency or watching ad) on this version of BB3?

20. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I don't mean to be rude or anything but that is where your and Treys approach is kind of flawed. Just spoke to trey and he said the solution to help noncoders is by adding more nodes and asking people what nides they would like to see.

As you said here your time and resources are limited so right now none coders and SUPER dependant on people that can code to be able to get nodes they want/need.

If the nodes were created more like a visual scripting tool i feel this would solve a lot of the issues. The none coders no have a way to work visually without writing a single line of code and then can create the logic they need. Even better would be a visual scripting tool that when logic is created can be combined in a way like you have with the node system now. It would be like nodeception and yes it would take time to get this system out but i feel it is a better solution in the long run rather than having you and the team busting out nodes left and right rather than focusing on either adding new features like fbx and animation support or just making things overall stable with the engine.

I am not trying to be rude or sound like a downer. I see huge potential in bb3 and appreciate all the work you guys do i just want to voice what u think would be a good route to take and provide and outside perspective.

rizwanashraf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.