How To Add Glow Effect To Objects In Bb3?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by itzonator, Mar 13, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Does anyone know how to add glow effect to objects of any color, like in cylinders, spheres, cubes, etc.?

That's not just color change, but a glow to a color inside BB3, is that can be done with scripting since those assets are built-in Buildbox 3?

2. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

The closest thing Buildbox 3 has to a glow feature is the "incandescence" field. Go to your objects and double click on the object you want to make glow. Set the 'Material' to default and set incandescence to anything. I usually set it to 100 but sometimes it may just display a black and white object, so, make sure to play around with different numbers. Also, make sure your object has a texture because it won't work if it doesn't have one.

Basically, it will make your object "brighter", but it's missing that glow effect that comes off the object. It also doesn't create any shadows.

Another way to get a better glow effect is to create an object with a bright texture and placing it onto another object. Then create a PNG file that looks like the glow effect from the bright object. The result is this - https://i.imgur.com/4bqDcis.png

Use other textures to add more detail like the green inside the cutout. It make it seem as if the blue light reflecting off the orange cube makes a green color.

DatumGamer and itzonator like this.