Buildbox 3 Release Showreel

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Feb 26, 2019.

1. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys,

We're preparing for the official launch of BB3, and we want to put together a cool BB3 showreel highlighting some of the incredible 3D games you've been creating with Buildbox 3.

We've seen so many beautiful games made with BB3, and we're genuinely impressed on how fast and strong the community has become since our very first Beta release.

We want to invite everyone to submit their BB3 video footage to be part of the showcase.

To participate, please send us the following:
    - Gameplay Video
    - Game Name
    - Company or Actual Name (you'd like credited during the showreel)

Thanks!

2. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

When is the official launch though!

3. Saba

Saba Boxer

How long should the video be?

4. Saba

Saba Boxer

Also where do we send this to?

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko when would be the deadline for submitting those materials? :)

6. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I have something .. It has to be on Appstore? because it is not yet. @NikRudenko

andre_sprs likes this.
  7. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

People have long been waiting for update information and release date. But nobody says a word. But you want us to send a video now. We all love Buildbox very much. We know you're working too hard. But the communication of the Buildbox team is very bad.
    @NikRudenko

Gundo, spicedbeangames and andre_sprs like this.
  8. Gray Studio

Gray Studio Boxer

@SAvas not to be root, but buildbox is very unprofessional and it looks like for them its quantity over quality.....
    I love buildbox, but the company itself sucks in my opinion, no hate to everyone <3

andre_sprs likes this.
  9. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

You have got to be kidding me! You guys go radio silent, provide us no updates on BB2 nor BB3 and the next post we get from the BB Staff is a request to submit our games for a showreel!? Classic!

10. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

They only want to communicate when it's beneficial for them

andre_sprs likes this.
  11. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

guys have you ever been in Discord? they communicate well.

12. thatguyminib

Nik is in the discord? I did not know this. I haven't seen him active on there.

Also, Trey has not said anything in discord since the start of December. I don't think that would qualify as communicating well.

13. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Almost everyday

thatguyminib likes this.
  14. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey guys just to be clear on the communication front we've already been planning a bi-weekly blog post update series starting this Friday for this purpose. We also have a new build releasing very soon as well that is going through testing as we speak.

We do not have an official launch date, but the blog post series will give updates on the roadmap and status updates. We apologize if some feel like you you've been left in the dark, Nik and I are always a PM away if needed and we have the support channel as well as Discord. Hopefully the new blog series provides some much needed clarification as well ;) We are hard at work to bring both BB3 official and 2.2.8 official to you as soon as possible!

15. thatguyminib

Hey, Sean thanks for the update!

You guys have planned updates like this in the past and it only lasts for about 2 posts and then stops. What will make this time different?

Also, I have sent Nik a pm about physics troubles that I have been having in one of my projects and still nothing.

Also since you are here is there any plan that on release you will be able to do 99% of all things you want to do without coding? Right now I feel BB3 is not in a good state for non-coder, which really takes away from the core value of Buildbox. I have been expressing this since the start of BB3 and everyone keeps saying "Wait till release". Well, we are close to releasing it seems and the last RC did not give any hope in the slightest.

16. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Video should be no longer then 15-30 seconds. Game does not have to be released. You can post video in this thread.
    Little update on future releases:
    We working extremely hard to deliver a new BB updates for you guys as soon as possible. As Sean mention early we are working to improve our communication process.
    We currently testing new update and if all goes according plan it should be available soon.

17. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

No problem! Do me a favor and send a copy of the question my way as well and will do my best to get you an answer on the physics Q.

We are hard at work and we've dedicated specific staff to the Blog series to update so it will be maintained. Friday's post should provide more clarity on the focus of the direction of the software. We are certainly not abandoning the non-coding user and are working to make the software as user friendly as possible.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  18. thatguyminib

I wasn't able to PM you on here so I sent a message through discord.

That is great to hear. I look forward to finding out more on Friday.

19. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hey Sean, I guess the major question is will we be able to do everything without coding at release? The last RC wasn't promising.
    If this is something that will be discussed in the blog on Friday than I will wait and see.

rizwanashraf and thatguyminib like this.
  20. Gray Studio

Gray Studio Boxer

@Sean Buildbox @NikRudenko Again not to be root, but take a look at unreal engine4 blueprint system or even construct 3. The basic part is that YOU DONT NEED TO CODE to do anything.... step up the game. Look at it on our side, we pay every month for bb2 and with that bb3 come with it. But even bb2 is not perfect yet....