Gdpr Compliant With Mopub Mediation And Revoke Consent Button

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Hi , I have some questions and would be glad if someone could answer.
    1. What to do after the steps mentioned here ( http://help.buildbox.com/advertising-and-sdks/using-the-3rd-party-api-mopub-example ) to make my game GDPR compliant.
    2. How to add a revoke consent button in Buildbox 2.3.7 beta for android. ( The steps for iOS have been mentioned by Nik Rudenko in another forum )
    3. How to add a revoke consent button in Buildbox 3 Beta 3 for both android and iOS.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to answer these.

2. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

I second this, my understanding is this is coming in May of this year. The little bit of research I have done, is your app/game must be within the GDPR compliance, or you could suffer penalties. This makes it extremely difficult for Indie developers who struggle just to make a decent game on their own, by not only understanding policies and restrictions, but implementing them as well.

As @Kanishk Sachdeva has asked, I am also asking, as well as any tips, suggestions, links, etc. to ensure your games are in compliance.

Thanks

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

GDPR came in last May (2018).

If you want to create a revoke consent button you can either use the Custom Button in BB or loop UI’s and track the button press using the screenOnEnter function and add the code there to revoke consent.

I recommend you do a lot of research on how GDPR affects your specific app.
    More information on Mopub and how their SDK can be used can be found here.

4. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Good grief, I don't know where I have been, but this does have me concerned about the current state of my apps, being that they serve ads, and my understanding is that ad services collect tracking data to offer ads relevant to the user. I will continue to research to understand this more, but anyone with experience in this please add your thoughts or comments.

I created a screenshot that I believe falls within GDPR compliance and my goal is to implement this in all my games.

I think a topic like this should be pinned, we should all have information like this being that it is vital to their games, in order to stay within compliance.

Thanks

Attached Files: