Any Updates On Bb3 Release?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by thatguyminib, Jan 23, 2019.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

This is a legit question. I have heard nothing other than it was delayed till well this month. First, it was December and then got delayed till January, this month and no updates whatsoever.

Not trying to complain, it's just that I would like to know how the product that I am paying for is coming along. If it is going to be delayed again possibly to next month then please let us know or give a small update on the progress that has been made.

landofgreendev and ditaz1999 like this.
  2. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

+1
    Also waiting for updates to see if it worth investing in developement of new games/modules using BB3 or considering other options.

3. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

I emailed support yesterday regarding the BB3 Full Release - and they said that it is planned before the end of the month. They also said that official announcements will come soon on the forums and website :)

thatguyminib likes this.
  4. ditaz1999

ditaz1999 Boxer

can we create .io game with buildbox?
    also shall we add missions and quests to game ? like kill 10 enemies or collect 15 coins in single run

thanks.

5. thatguyminib

Seems like they only have 3 days left lol.

landofgreendev likes this.
  6. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

oh my god, i thought, .io was a domain extension. :confused:

7. bgwiss

bgwiss Boxer

Well tomorrow is the last day, but I doubt that we will receive an update for the final version.

landofgreendev likes this.
  8. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

9. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi Guys, in short, all features are in, but we're having some stability issues with RC1. Primarily the porting of some complex Buildbox 2 components into Nodes. Team is working hard to hit the date, and we'll be close, but it really depends on if we can squash a few of these "hard to kill" bugs before the 31st. They're on it though, I can promise you that :)

10. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Thanks @Buildbox great to hear and communication is all we ask for :)

Can we assume by all features this includes the PSDKs for publishers?

Codifie likes this.
  11. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

We've received the PSDK's from each publisher (Voodoo, Tabtale, Green Panda, etc) and we're porting them when there is a signed game because of how time consuming the process is.

For example, there have been zero BB3 games tested with Voodoo that have been accepted (as we know, it's hard to hit their numbers), so if we spent time porting VoodooSauce over instead of finishing RC1, then everyone would be delayed for nothing.

In short, no, RC1 will not include all Publisher PSDKs, but we'll be adding them when any customer gets a signed contract, and every major publisher is testing BB3 games because of this. This is why Voodoo was not testing BB3 games in mid December, but is doing so now. They know once they have a game, we'll port for them very quickly.

12. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

@Buildbox Great to have that all clear. Brilliant.

13. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Is this the long term solution or a short term solution?

14. ditaz1999

ditaz1999 Boxer

Thank you @Buildbox !
    does Voodoo accept BB3 games for even testing? I heard, they don't. Also do they accept BB2 games for testing ?
    Waiting for reply. So, I can jump into game making along with other boxers ;)

15. thatguyminib

This is a good way to go. Just focus on the making the best engine you can and help people that get a publisher deal. If more people start getting deals then find a way to integrate it until then just focus on making the best engine to help people make games easily without any code.

16. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Dropping the self ability to use the PSDKs is probably the best option. Voodoo are now focusing on slowing down their prototyping process and I guess like many publishers are sick of people sending them really crap games to test without actually researching what they want.

Being able to simply add in their SDKs, will just make matters worse and probably place BB on a 'blacklist'. @Buildbox I just really wished you guys didn't clam up and not interact. I get it that you're all focused on getting across the finish line but really a forum post with a small update, explaining any current issues will just help soften the blow longer term and help manage expectations and disappointments.

Rather than just responding in a thread, a new post should of been made just saying 'hey! this is our current situation'.

thatguyminib and ditaz1999 like this.
  17. thatguyminib

I agree. I mean you don't have to do a whole organized/nice looking devlog, but an update post every week or every 2 weeks would be nice just to let everyone know what is going on, if things are still on track, maybe tease a feature that has already been added.

18. steve

steve Avid Boxer

I didn't realise Vooddo was now accepting BB3 games for testing. What analytics do we need to put into our game in order for them to test them?

19. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You take care of that once your game during the testing phase.

20. ditaz1999

ditaz1999 Boxer

FB SDK & GameAnalytics

steve likes this.