Colorport - Buildbox 2

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Larry Pendleton, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hello everyone, once again ULS is hard at work on games. This one is one of our games we originally built in Unity, and now have updated and ported over to BB2.

Colorport is a casual endless game where you tap different colored objects through the correct color in the hexagon. Each successful pass through the right section, earns you points. The game is super easy to play, but yet requires patience and accuracy.

Compared to the old version, Colorport now has a bonus world that can be unlocked upon acquiring a certain score. The game also offers Google Play game services, where you can compete against others for the best score.

Check out Colorport and let me know what you think.
    Screenshot_01.png Screenshot-02.png Screenshot-04.png Screenshot-05.png Screenshot-06.png Screenshot-07.png Screenshot-08.png Screenshot-03.png
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultralinesoftware.colorport

Thanks for your support

-Larry
    Ultra Line Software

2. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hey everyone, I took a shot at creating a trailer for my game. This is my first attempt at a game trailer, but I think it fits pretty well. Let me know what you think, honest criticism is welcome.

If anyone is interested in the tools I used:
    • ApowerREC (a little pricey, but worth every penny!) for screen capturing
    • Lightworks for video editing (free version (records at 720p))
    • GarageBand for background music

Thanks
    -Larry

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. deyren

deyren Boxer

Hi, the concept of the game looks nice but I think that the graphism and the Estetics are not very pretty, it's just a small opinion good luck ;)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  4. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Omg its boring, i do not like the the character color .

5. ditaz1999

ditaz1999 Boxer

You ported Unity game to BB ? :confused:

6. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hey Deyren, the graphics are really a major improvement from the initial look of the game. The "hex" and background have been re-designed to have a more saturated look from where it used to be, I appreciate the feedback.

So are crossword puzzles, but some folks like them. Anyway, not sure which color of the character you don't like, the player has 6 different ones in total.

Not sure what your implying? Developers can switch game engines at anytime, and if I work in BB, but I "had" games built in Unity, then I don't see an issue with updating one of my Unity games in BB.

-Larry

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Nice job Larry.
    As you know you can never please everyone. Keep up the good work and keep positive thoughts, always moving forward!

8. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

@Codifie Thank you for your positive words. It's great to have support from other buildbox users here in the forum. It definitely is motivating for me to work harder at game development, and as you stated, move forward.

-Larry

9. DTM

DTM Boxer

try figma for creating graphics. its for free. its also to do prototype UI on that application

10. blackiyto

blackiyto Boxer

Hi, the concept of the game looks nice but I think that the graphism and the Estetics are not very pretty..
    Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019