How Can I Create Points For Each Separate World ,as Well Other Things?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by martin@lifegames, Dec 29, 2018.

1. martin@lifegames

martin@lifegames Boxer

Hello everyone,

First of all- Happy holidays!

I am currently making a game and I need help with a couple of things, Apologies if the questions have already been answered somewhere in the forum.

I am a making a game with 10 different worlds, each having different enemies/backgrounds. At the end of each world, there is a Checkpoint and a Portal, which leads to the next. The idea is to be able to go to the next world, only if you have passed the current one.

Q1. How can I make my game in such a way, that once a new world is reached, the user automatically starts from the last reached world, not from the beginning? Or at least he has the option to start from the last reached world (checkpoint) upon beginning?

Q2. How can I make the game, so that when you are playing in world 3, for example, and you die, you automatically start from the beginning of world 3, and lose all the points gained so far in world 3 ?

I want to make the game so that once you complete the world, then your points to be added to the global points, not every attempt point to be added?

Q3. How can I set up the points/coins settings, so that not every attempt points to be counted, but only the points from the successful attempt to complete a world e.g. Only points/coins from World 1 successful pass + World 2 successful pass, +World 3 successful pass and so on ? In the end, points from all Worlds to form the global points of the user?

Q4. I want a user to be able to see the current level points during each level, as well as global points to be counted on the Start UI/Game over UI.

I know how to make all the available worlds visible, by creating a new UI with the worlds and having them being locked.

Q5. How can I connect each of the locked worlds to the world they are supposed to lead to, and more specifically how can I adjust the game, so It knows when to unlock a world based on a checkpoint being reached?

I want to engage my game in a competition so that after 3 months the person with the highest global score will win a prize. I know I need some sort of leaderboard in order to know which player has X amount of points.

Q6. How can I create the leaderboard, both for OS and Android?

I apologise in advance if my questions are ill-defined/ stupid.

I am attaching a screenshot of my Game Mind-map so that you can see my current set-up and tell me if I need to change/adjust anything.

Than you so much in advance, and wish you all Happy holidays!

Kind Regards,

Martin

Attached Files:

2. martin@lifegames

martin@lifegames Boxer

Here is a better screenshot Screenshot 2018-12-29 at 21.55.38.png of my current game mindmap