Bb Exporting For Amazon Question

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by spicedbeangames, Mar 24, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all

In BB 2.3x do we still use Eclipse to export for Amazon, or Android Studio now? So much has changed in just 12 months since I last published a game! lol

2. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

hey @spicedbeangames I published a BB game on Amazon the other day (a game that was made using version 2.3)
    I used the same apk that I uploaded to the play store.
    I used Android Studio, following this Zack's tutorial:

spicedbeangames likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Cheers. I remember reading that we could use the old Eclipse but that was 2.3(I think) and 2.3x is different. Time to download Android Studio lol

Benfont likes this.
  4. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

@Benfont
    Can you elaborate a little more please? What did you put in your project settings for License Key? Also, what did you put in your advertisement settings and where did you put it?

Thanks

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I basically use Android Studio and actually from Buildbox save the project as like Myproject_amazon.bbdoc etc. so it is not mixed up! Now I enter all my amazon appstore details to the Google Play Details Page at Buildbox including your bundle id. Also I use chartboost for ads so I copy and paste my chartboost ids to Google Play Store Advertisement settings. These ids should be created at Chartboost specifically for Amazon App Campaign so those ids shows the ads from Amazon Appstore not Google Play Store. Then rest is same export as Android (Not Amazon) and build it in Android Studio. I don't use Eclipse.