I’m Complaining Again...login Checker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rusted, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

i live out in the sticks...just close enough to get enough internet to login to BB via my hotspot...then it may lose connection if a cloud comes by...whatever...it sucks...so even after an authentication takes place and BB opens my file...it like it’s check every second to make sure...I’m connected to BB so I’m not a theif. I’ve seen this issue over and over and always a response like they are considering changing things...I don’t really mind an initial authentication check but come the heck on BB...I sure spend a lot of time having to retry...retry...make sure I save wether I got my build correct or not..blah blah blah.

Is the security of BB so bad that every second it has to be looking for my authentication?

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, I think we all understand your concern. I would recommend you send a message to the support team at support@buildbox.com.

3. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Welp...just did the cancel. So disappointed.

I imagine this thread will get closed also so We can’t complain.

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I had no intention of closing this thread. We only close a thread if it gets out of hand.

5. steve

steve Avid Boxer

I agree the login checker is a royal pain in the butt. I took my kids kick boxing yesterday and thought I'd work on a few levels while they were training.
    The wifi at the gym wasn't that great and the constant need to login kept causing BB3 to crash. In the end I gave up trying to work on it, but when I got home I found the crashes had caused all the assets to get wiped out from my bbdoc file.
    Thankfully I'd backed it up the previous day, so only lost that days changes, but still really annoying. I realise you need to protect the software, but I do wish there was another way of doing it.

6. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Had similar issues too.
    IMO, protecting the software should not penalize honest users. cracked versions of every software will always exist no matter the protection you use. but when the protection annoys actual customers it becomes counter productive.

I think that disabling the export feature is enough to protect the software, one should have the possibility to work and save his work when offline. I don't know about any software requiring constant internet connection to work correctly (well except softwares that actually use the connection as core feature), it makes no sens.

7. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Yep how come I can send this message but yet I get server comms error . It's clearly on BB side I now have 2hrs work that I cannot save Annoyed there isn't any need for this

8. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

I agree. With this route

9. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

I have sent several regarding this issue

10. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey guys! Sorry to hear about the difficulties with this. It is always a difficulty balancing protection of the software (and by extension customer's projects) and more flexible connection scenarios.

I can confirm we've made some some decisions and changes that should alleviate these concerns a lot. I would expect them in Buildbox 2.2.8 update due out shortly and Buildbox 3 Official Release as well.

Qdeveloper, bmsingha, steve and 3 others like this.
  11. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I understand your frustration, I have been through similar issue with buildbox 2 & 3 until i finally have stable internet connection.
    I already have suggested some features to address this challenging aspect of using buildbox in the link below.
    Buildbox 3 & License Suggestions.

On bright side, I am happy to know this issue have been finally acknowledged by BuildBox Team:

12. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

This is great news. I would however also like to see something done with resetting software licences. Having to email support to do it each time is time consuming. Customers should be able to reset their licences from within their online account.

13. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Wow ! Well then I look forward to 2.2.8

14. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

It's actually 2.3.8

jimmiethekid likes this.
  15. jimmiethekid

jimmiethekid Boxer

I look fwd to 2.3.8 as well because I had power go out and after firing up generator I couldn't work on my game. I get the reasons for this and good to know they are trying to find a way for us to work offline. That feature is a must I would say. Not everyone will always have access to the net. :)