What Is The Best Method For 3d Character Animation Right Now?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by spicedbeangames, Dec 18, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to getting characters and objects animating as if they were fbx files?

I want to animate a character/actor - like blinking, smiling etc and wondering the best way of doing this with .obj files. Unless @NikRudenko has an eta for fbx love in BB3? :)

thanks

2. superfabiuz

superfabiuz Boxer

Hi @spicedbeangames

I don't see the possibility of creating animated characters at the moment. I have tried to think of alternative solutions but there isn't a rigging system on BB3 or other tools for animation, I really hope that in the next versions it will be implemented.

I would like it to be also implemented a visual tool to create 3D objects, both using the assets available and using OBJ ;):D

3. superfabiuz

superfabiuz Boxer

On Mixamo you can find animated 3D characters, no 3D knowledge required. You can upload your own FBX, OBJ or ZIP file, it's free.

https://www.mixamo.com

upload_2018-12-21_10-28-4.png

4. df4rnt

df4rnt Boxer

After I downloaded my 3D model with running animation from Mixamo(in FBX format) I cant seem to use it in BuildBox3.

5. df4rnt

df4rnt Boxer

After I downloaded my 3D model with running animation from Mixamo(in FBX format) I cant seem to use it in BuildBox3.

6. andsy

andsy Boxer

for now you can import only .obj models

you need to create character animations using png sprites

7. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Right now you can only do .png animations in the 3D environment. Just like in the 'Adventure' template.
    Good new is FBX functionality is coming very soon in a future update, but I don't have an eta on its release at the moment.