Is My Gameover Node Setup Right?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by everchangeapps, Dec 12, 2018.

1. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

I can't seem to get gameover to work, getting used to bb3d and ran into this on the bounce template.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Try without If Collide / remove.

3. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Check physics , collision shape for both character and the enemy. Physics should be on on both the character and enemy and collision shape should be correct. That’s only I can think of right now. Would need more information if this is not the solution.

4. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

still not getting it. i can get Game over to trigger but its not triggering correctly. when the game starts, my character bounced to the first block, hits the first block, that block changes color and moves, and a game over is triggered instantly.

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You need to set a delay node before the Game over pops up. You then need to play around with the delay time to suit your needs.

Attached Files:

6. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

@spicedbeangames Im looking into a bit further, and it seems at though the ball by default doesnt actually bounce on the platform, it collides through the platform, but continues to the ground where it triggers a death. How can i make the platform itself a solid object that the ball cannot move through and instead initiates the bounce action?

7. spicedbeangames

The image above is for a ball bouncing. Add a bounce node to the ball, as I have in the image, but again play with the settings to get the desired kind of bounce. Make sure that you have set the physics and I think I use Kinematic as the setting for the ball.

8. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

i tried adding a bounce ball node and the ball still will bounce through the top of platform. its like the platform is colliding with it but not stopping it from going any further, it should hit the platform and then bounce up, instead it goes through the platform, hits the plane, and bounces up.

9. spicedbeangames

Have you set the platform physics to static? You need to make a video or post screen shots, otherwise we're just going to go in circles.