Trying To Move And Shoot Help

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by spicedbeangames, Dec 4, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all

in BB3, I am trying to have a normal touch movement for my actor - which is fine and works. However, I also want to fire bullets when a button is pressed. I can't see any buttons in the UI designed for this.

I've tried several ways to make my own shoot button asset and a touch to move asset and swapped them around in the UI but neither option works.

Just curious if anyone has managed to get this working or has any thoughts.

cheers

2. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

FYI, this has been pretty much impossible, until now.. Did you see the new button/onClick() in b4 API doc? This unfortunately is only an on button release, so you can make a fire button out of it, but not a repeat fire. Also, if you have another click action, like a joystick type control going on, it's likely that clicking the fire button will interrupt that. I haven't tested it though. I have requested the ability to use multiple clicks/controls at the same time, like BB2 handles, but haven't heard back.

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I had a look at the space shooter asset and managed to make some adjustments, it's not perfect but workable for now. I think the bullet spawner couldnt be attached to the actor prior to the newest update.