Maxed Out Frustration. So Long

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rusted, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Due to unreconcilable differences with issues related to major security BB has implemented against hackers which has caused me...one person issues beyond fixing...I have YouTube tutorials made with BB and for nearly every issue ran across with iOS and Mac publishing...I will be deleting those in 48 hours. If there is anyone who can download them and want to take them to help others in the future...feel free...they were free to begin with. Use them to your advantage and game on...peace out

Thunderchild

BUILDBOX TUTORIALS &
    PUBLISHING TUTORIALS
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfrhoz6xlcVlw8w1SAo9Xa4dFVD8pqUCZ

2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Wait what is happening? You leaving BB?

3. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Yes I’m leaving BB...quitting making games...absolutely done with it...the amount of time And personal money making games, making tutorials..not officially for BB or anyone but myself...and the amount of help asked for on YouTube of my tutorials being view nearly every single hour of the day for the past 5 years...is over.

4. thatguyminib

So are you quitting because of you and your failure in the game industry? Having believed the empty marketing of quick money and success or if it’s the disappointment of the software that never gets bugs fixed or features added nor is released as advertised?

5. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I’m leaving because I’m extremely frustrated that because I have such horrible internet that I can’t stay logged in to BB consistently and BB pings my Mac constantly and as soon as I lose connection I’m not allowed to work because of server disconnection to their security checks...and so I can’t save my work even...not allowed to save my work...this is straight from Trey. It to big a security risk to allow me to login for a session or even save my work without being connected to their servers. It’s his business not mine. That’s cool but I do not have to support it and I’m not going to. I make games for fun...for my son of 5 years old...not to make money. I make tutorials to help people because that’s what I like doing. The publishing process is still a joke...duplicating certificates...profiles...all of that and I get tons of views. It’s difficult to try to help with the messages I get...it’s difficult to tell my son and explain to him why I can’t get the game changes for him onto the phone...to lose all I had just done. He doesn’t understand. It’s no longer fun.

Of course I posted this in the discord but that to me has become just a social networking site with no value really. Might as well be google hangouts. I have have yet to get an answer to a few posts I made there. Have made a few here. This is one of might biggest issues with BB and tonight...I was personally given the answer I was needing...from Trey. There are NO plans to make a change. We both have an understanding about the issue. Not going back to dead GameSalad that’s for sure. BB was my one fun game making software to provide a fun hobby. That’s done. I’m sour about it so that’s the jist of it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  6. thatguyminib

Totally understand!

I live in the boonies and although I have internet it will crap out here and there and BOOM server disconnected. Quite annoying really. I even have a habit of saving constantly, but we are human and at times we forget and I agree it does get frustrating.

Also sucks that because of this now you and your son can no longer create games together... :(

Maybe BB will start listening to their customers, seems like every day there is either someone upset, leaving or banned for no reason whatsoever.

comicsmathias, andre_sprs and Rusted like this.
  7. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I doubt they will...it’s like a boss once told me...”I don’t need your advise how to make things better...I’m doing just fine like I’m doing it”

comicsmathias likes this.
  8. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

That's just the way they are they don't listen I have this issue constantly I work abroad at the back end of nowhere and now 3 days without access they should.make allowance for certain people. Who have paid for the software and unable.to use to.its potential, its like.having a car but no keys its same issue that needs to.be address there are better ways of vadility checking if the software is genuine or not, the saving when not connected could be dropped at the very minimum, it should be something like you cannot preview it or build.unless connected that be a compromise we could work with.

9. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

This thread is getting out of hands, someone should close it.

10. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

We understand that sometimes copy protection can be frustrating, but unfortunately it’s a necessary step we have to take as a software company. Locking this thread, but please feel free contact support with any questions or concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.