Problem Between Transition Of Ui

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I am encountering a weird problem which I don't think I was happening earlier.
    In my mind map my Game Over UI is connected to Main Menu UI and Main Menu UI ad interstitial frequency has been set as 3. Now what is happening is every third time the transition between Game Over UI and Main Menu UI is happening there is a little pause between the transition and in between that it is showing me a still of the world where my character died.
    How to solve this problem ?
    Can anyone help it is kind of urgent.
    Attaching a screenshot of Mind Map for further reference.

Attached Files:

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Hello Kanishk. From what I know, this is intentional because of Admob and other ad rules. If there was a transition it might cause accidental clicks, so they removed the transition and put in a half second delay for when there is an ad in order to comply with Google policies.

"If you guys talking about like half a second delay between UI transitions this is due to Interstitials.
    If you disable interstitials this will be gone.
    Every time when Interstitial about to show there is artificial half a second delay to prevent accidental clicks.
    About year ago google came to us and they said we have to do something about it.
    This delay is only happened when system is about to show interstitials only.
    It is very visible in Preview during development since there is no ADS in Editor. But on iOS or Android with ads this issue will not be noticeable since ads will pop up instead."

3. Kanishk Sachdeva

I just read that forum right now and understand that invalid clicks should be avoided but I would have handled it in my own way by using open and close animations to avoid it if this didn't happen. Also Nik Rudenko said in this forum that he would get rid of this problem I don't know if he has worked on it or not ( or worked on it for BB3 or not ).
    Also it is visible in preview and noticeable but it will also be noticeable when the player has no internet connection or if it takes a little more time to display ad. ( Until then the world would show ) Which I guess would make the game look unpolished.

So you are saying there is no solution for this ? Are you sure ? Or any workaorund ?
    Thanks by the way.

4. DariusGuerrero

There is a way. Spawn an object on character's death that has a delayed death. The deathof that object will spawn a huge object that can cover up the screen,

5. Kanishk Sachdeva

I didn't understand it completely, I am using BB3 by the way. Is it possible in BB3 ?
    Can you send me screenshot on how to spawn object and then a huge object please , that would be really helpful.
    Thanks in Advance.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

In bb2 this has been fixed in the latest release. I guess they same will happen for bb3. If not you would be able to change it yourself easily in code. Everything can be changed in bb3 by code.

7. Kanishk Sachdeva

I don't know coding so that's why it is a trouble for me.
    If it is that easy and you know how it can be done could you please take some time out and tell me what changes do I need to make.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance

8. DariusGuerrero

9. Kanishk Sachdeva

I have BB3 Beta 3.
    Can anything be done to solve this problem ?

10. Kanishk Sachdeva