How To Change Density Of 3d Object?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by ThomasC, Nov 20, 2018.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

anyone know how to change the density of a 3D object (or offer another solution).

I'm making a game where my ball character bounces from platform to platform, but when I make the gravity too high the character actually goes into the platform (and can't escape)

anyone know how to solve this issue?

thank you!

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Changing density doesn't solve this issue. The problem is, if you turn on debug, you will see that a bounce causes the collision box to wobble, and if it wobbles the wrong way you will not make con tact with the object and pass right through. Here is how I solved the issue. Change your actor collision to a mesh and to Hull. Seems to solve the issue for me and my bounce is extreme.

Try it and let me know.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Hey Thomas,

I played with this a little bit more and found a much better way to deal with the jumping through platform problem. It is still related to the collision shape not adhering to the character properly after a bounce, especially multiple bounces in a row.

If possible, set the rotation factor to all 0 in your character. This helps the collision box stay with the character. The next thing I did was, I was using very small platforms, .2 thick, I changed them to .5 and the problem has completely disappeared.

I know this is a cheesy work around, but seems to solve the problem for me and as I stated earlier, my game has a severe bounce so I have been dealing with this for a while.

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

thanks for your help @Codifie this definitely worked for me and is no longer an issue. I changed everything to hull and seems to work fine.

Thank you