Manually Change Scenes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Zahar Zagrava, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

Hello! I am just starting to playing with Buildbox and I am curious how to build a game with the next level system: I want my character to kill all the enemies in the scene using bullets (already done that) and after all the enemies in that scene are dead I want the character to be moved to the next scene. How can I do that?

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

You could play around with event observers to move to "next checkpoint" which you could place at each scene.

3. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

I see only Start Checkpoint function in the Event Observer and it gives me the ability to move to the different world, not the scene. Can you describe your idea in more detail, please?

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Start Checkpoint is it, and it should automatically do it for you. have a go and let know know if it does not work

5. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

Well, I have just crashed Buildbox XD. So I created three enemies that give me Points right in the Start Scene that I can destroy, then I set up an Event Observer in the World UI and set Event Type to Session Points (3) and Function to Start Checkpoint, then I connected my Event Observer with my World hoping that it will do something... but it crashed.

Then I tried to use Actions. I put one Action in some scene to Set Checkpoint and second Action to Next Checkpoint and pasted it into the death animation of an object and it indeed transported me to the checkpoint, but attaching "Next Checkpoint" to the specific object's death puts a lot of restrictions on gameplay.

How can I manually set Buildbox to change the scene or at least start moving an object forward so the "random scene" algorithm will be triggered? Is it possible at all? I am new to Buildbox and I would really appreciate some concrete instructions.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

if you like, send the BBDoc to Discord@buildbox.com and I can take a look and see if I can fix it for you.

7. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

Well, I don't have a Discord account but thanks for help.

8. Josh (Nology Games)

you dont need one, that is the email address. so if you sent the BBDoc through email to discord@buildbox.com I will be able to see whats not working for you.

9. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

Sent, but as I said I want more convenient method.