Health Bar Please Help

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Nov 13, 2018.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hello, I downloaded a bbdoc that heathclose I think posted like a year or 2 maybe, and the file is working great, but the health bar of the character is showing numbers instead of bars, I installed the fonts, and selected them but it's still showing numbers instead of bars, in the font editor it's showing bars, but when I run the game it's showing numbers instead, I am sure I am doing it right, but there is something wrong here, can anybody help me here please?

2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@patostar Hi try this tutorial instead and see if it will work. It worked great for me.

3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Yes that's what I did like hours ago and it worked lol, thanks anyways man.

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

No problem glad that you solved it! LOL

patostar likes this.
  5. sebas

sebas Boxer

Hey, me too i created a health bar now and it works great.But now my question is only to understand, i have some default enemies in my scene and now since i have my health bar, when my charakter touches an enemy, the enemy dies.What i have to change now for substract 1 life from my charakters healthbar, when the charakter touches the enemy?

thanks for help!

6. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

You also need to give the enemy health.

patostar likes this.
  7. sebas

sebas Boxer

Yes the enemy has a health of 2 it is the standard setting i changed nothing.But since i have the health bar for my charakter the enemy doesnt destroy the charakter anymore

8. Josh (Nology Games)

Did you remember to set the damage?

9. sebas

sebas Boxer

My charakter has a damage, yes and it already works i followed all the steps from the charakter health bar video, and i created an object same in the video what can substract the life from my charakters health bar.But like i already said, the default enemies in my scene doesnt destroy my charakter anymore since i have created the health bar.

10. Josh (Nology Games)

This seems strange. Maybe you could send the BBDoc to discord@buildbox.com also if you could list a scene or two that has this issue then we can see what's going on

11. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

My character takes damage for no reason - nothing shows in debug mode either. i adjusted the size of the damage action shape that was place in the character with the 0 opacity etc. etc., and that helped a little but not completely. It seems to have something to do with the radius but the collision shape size has already been adjusted and made even smaller and that did nothing.

Ideas?

Also .... anybody know how to regenerate or replenish health to character after it takes damage?

12. Sylvain Gingras

Sylvain Gingras Boxer

Hello guys!

I'm a new boxer and have the same problem since I included a health bar.

Before my character would die in contact with platforms. Now either it looses one damage point and disappears or doesn't create damage and remains!

13. Sylvain Gingras

Sylvain Gingras Boxer

Found the solution. The health bar actually shows how to do damage points and not health points. I had to set my bonus at -1 points and damage at +1 points. Plus I had to set my objects at "no collision" to get a collision. It all makes perfect sense. ;)