Is It Necessary For Mediation?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by RishabhMehta, Nov 3, 2018.

1. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Hello!
    Can I know what is the use of mediation for ads? Without mediation can we show ads in our game?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Mediation Ad Managers such as Heyzap or Appodeal will show a variety of adverts from the leading ad platforms such as Google Ads,Chartboost,Ad Mobs, etc therefore yielding more ad revenue in theory.

The idea behind it is that you will always have a 'fill rate' and offer a larger variety of ads to show . Some Ad platforms have a certain limits on how many times an ad is shown - I think this is rare now than say a couple of years ago but will depend on your location too. Europe and North America shouldnt have these problems.

You can of course settle for an Ad Platform of your choice but in Buildbox 2, only Heyzap or Appodeal(using the guide) will show rewarded videos while Chartboost/Ad Mob show just banners and Interstitials.

3. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

What if I don’t go with the heyzap? Can I simply integrate only one ad network like admob?

4. haeins

haeins Boxer

Most likely you will need to support one of the main methods of providing advertising, otherwise you will not be able to get a sufficient level of monetization.

5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Yes, you can just use Admob alone without appodeal, chartboost, Ad Mob etc..., I am doing the same, and I am doing really good.