App Rejected, Guideline 2.1 - Performance- App Completeness

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Shamrock, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hi all, I made a minor update to my game and uploaded it to the app store, a few hours later the app was rejected because the app failed to load content on iPad running IOS 12.1.

I have tested the app on the iPad running 12.1 With no issues.

Is anyone facing this problem too?

I have attached a screenshot of the message I received from Apple.

Thank you all in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Just do as they instructed in the app, load it up and test for bugs. If you can not find any then ask then what they were specifically referring to as you could not find any issues.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hey I have followed all the steps and there are no bugs in the app, it works perfectly fine on all the devices I have tested it on.

I messaged them back in the resolution center but no response.

They are saying that the app content failed to load, from my understanding that means the app is stuck on the loading screen.

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Have you tested it on your device?

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Yes, I've tested the app on, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone x, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro second generation. Running 12.1

I have delete the app first and then installed it again using xcode with no problems.

Previous versions worked fine I only made minor adjustments.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

Then it's just a matter of explaining this to them, they might have been confused about something and as they said "misunderstood what it was intended to do" they would need to be very specific if there really is an issue though.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

I'll Try to contact them again and update you on the outcome.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Ok I received this reply from Apple, is it possible that there is a compatibility issue with buildbox and IOS 12.1?

There's nothing more I can do I have gone over all the recommend tests without issue.

Attached Files:

9. Josh (Nology Games)

No, I do not believe that buildbox is incompatible as I know others I still releasing the buildbox games on iOS. Did you change anything in your code at all when you exported?

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hi, No, I have not changed anything with the code I made a few UI adjustments and added some challenges that is all, I really don’t understand what the problem is, I just released another build and it got rejected for the same reason, the app works perfectly, this is quite stressful.

I really don’t know how to move on from here. :confused:

11. DanFarfan

DanFarfan Avid Boxer

hmmm.. .I don't have much for you, except this.
    I noticed that the message from Apple specifically said iPad running 12.1 on WiFi.
    And you didn't mention WiFi once.
    Was your iPad 12.1 test on a device using WiFi or Cellular? or Both?

Good Luck.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hey, The iPad Air 2 I tested the app on is WiFi only, not much use contacting Apple they just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

I uploaded another new build earlier today and it’s currently “In Review” so fingers crossed it’ll workout this time.

The most annoying thing about this is that the app works flawlessly graphics are smooth, loading time for the app is fast and I haven’t experienced a single crash.

13. DanFarfan

DanFarfan Avid Boxer

I'm still grasping at straws here.
    2 more things come to mind.
    Maybe they used an iPad that supports Cellular too? And there is some strange iOS (or even hardware) bug.
    If you can't find a family or friend w/ an iPad on 12.1 that has cellular hardware, (so you can confirm operation w/ WiFi) maybe you could smooth-talk some Apple Store aspiring app developer (genius employee) to pull one off the shelf to duplicate the test.

Or maybe... you can pull back and specify that the app doesn't run on iPad, just until you can solve the mystery.

#longshots

Pulling for ya! Keep us all posted, please.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

It’s getting worse, I have no idea what to do now. This is all very frustrating.

Attached Files:

15. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

You've tested this using TestFlight on your device?
    This sounds like something, ip related, like an Ad is trying to load after Startup and is not able to connect, which will then cause the game to hang.
    What Ad network are you using and where is your earliest ad placed? My advise. Remove ads completely, recompile, resubmit and see if issue is resolved. If resolved, now you know where to look.

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hi thank you for your reply, all ads are disabled at the moment.

Honestly apple resolution center is a complete waste of time.

If this continues I'll just have to forfeit the App Store completely.

17. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hello
    hi shamrock have you found a solution? I even have a problem that I explain to them that button does not block there must be something

18. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

I'd suggest that you remove any interstitial ads on the main menu. That has usually been the cause for us. Also do provide screenshots from your devices as proof to them that the game is actually working and it could be possibly be a problem on their device. Hope this helps :)

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Hi belmir

I finally got it working, the app was taking up a lot of RAM when launching causing the game to crash at startup on older devices like the iPhone 6. Very frustrating.

I found a solution that worked, I have no idea how it worked but it cut down the loading time from 30 seconds down to 10 on the iPhone 6 and down to 7 seconds on the iPhone 7.

The app has now been approved.

What I did was reduce the number of connections in the mind map by using the backjump option when possible.

I'll try my best later today to send you some pictures of what I did to better explain what I did that helped.

20. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Glad it was approved. You need to check the size of your images and clean up Atlases. If too much is going on when your app is loading, it can create problems.