Game Crashes In Device When I Open The Character Shop

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jaky1, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

The game crashes after like a while after I tap on the character shop section...In device..
    In buildbox prevew works fine...

Any clues why its happening...and how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Could be a host of reasons. Firstly - is this on iOS or Android? When asking for help around bugs or errors, its always good practice to provide as much information as possible - otherwise you can spend days going back and forth just answering small questions until you get to the actual detail.

Is it connected correctly in your mind map? Are your images all present and correct? Or are you trying to load a massive image that it simply is too big for the memory to handle? I would look there first. Images and image size is traditionally one of the reasons why games crash using drag/drop software(outside of SDK requirements)

4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey @spicedbeangames.. It crahses on my android device.. It was good at first.. I converted the bb1 file to bb2 and then it started crash.. Before it was working...

Maybe the convertion did something.. I dont know.. But there better be a fix to it.. Otherwise... :(

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

There's probably some issues. Try replacing some images, or create a new cash shop and see if that works. There could be unwanted, unnamed images for example. Its a case of having to look and check everything there.

6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Check the images and buttons.
    Verify that you have properly configured the name of the elements of purchase.

Try creating a game from the beginning, with only the store.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Delete the character selector you set up in Buildbox 1 and create a new one in Buildbox 2. There were several big changes that could provoke the crash. I'm pretty confident this will resolve your problem.

heathclose likes this.
  8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Tried all methods.....I noticed that the Regular Icon image is empty only lock has image and selected is also empty...is this causing the problem?

9. pindet

pindet Boxer

Hey man, same problem. Do you solve this now?

10. Frederik

Frederik Boxer

We have problems with linking unlock sound to Multiple unlock. It lock-up when clicked on the object. Solution was open bbdoc as zip file and delete the sound file linked to unlock sound (or rename sounds directory to test the solution). Then the Multiple unlock could be selected and sound link removed. But never managed to unlock sound work in 2.3.7