Sound Issues, Grrrrr...!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by hellwitu, Oct 19, 2018.

1. hellwitu

hellwitu Boxer

Hello World,

Having some serious issues with the audio.
    The android app is unable to play BGM and SFX simultaneously.
    Observations:
    1: Only when i mute the BGM does the SFX begin to work.
    2: When there is a small pause between the BGM looping, SFX clips play for that fraction of a moment.

Possible cause:
    1: The app is using only one Audio stream/source worker/Channel to play audio. Multiple audios cannot be played simultaneously, only one sound at a time.

Note: On the latest Version of BB and I have OpenAl, Studio and all other prerequisites for the dev env.

Regards,
    Newbie.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. hellwitu

hellwitu Boxer

Update: Tested on a few devices running on different hardware specs and API Levels. Sounds work fine.
    Doesnt seem like an inherent issue with BB. Seems more of an issue with the wide array of android devices to be supported by the apk.

Will continue to troubleshoot and will update my findings. Hopefully i can narrow down to the precise specs for future reference.
    Current suspects: Adreno 330 Processor and API 23.

3. hellwitu

hellwitu Boxer

Update: Tested on a decent number of devices and haven't experienced the issue on any other device so far.
    Based upon the resources i had available, seems like the culprit is limited to Adreno 330 Processors.

None the less, launched my game on playstore.
    Bouncy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Terradarc.Bouncy

Apart from getting a few additional downloads as an incentive [ ;) ], it would help to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues on their device. :)