Buildbox 3.0 Beta3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

hey guys! As Buildbox3 is only in beta it suffers from symptoms of being in Beta, such as bugs, crashes and so on. however, while it is still in beta and things are limited it is possible to release a professional game with it. but bare in mind that being in beta means that things are not going to be perfect, but I strongly recommend using it and I know we are all looking forward to 2D worlds in buildbox3.

bmsingha and volcank like this.
  2. AlbertSherman

AlbertSherman Boxer

Hi! I'm having some bugs:
    - Blank screens while playing in android (the game is still being playable, behind the white screen).
    - Lighting errors while playing in android (previs in pc works ok, but not when I play it from an android device).
    - Some elements (in my case, a plane with a texture and some shadows) disappear on screen (in pc and android).
    - Some lagg playing the app from an android device.

I'm thinking about working in my game using the beta 2 version instead of the new one.

@NikRudenko @Tekanology

3. Josh (Nology Games)

so all of these bugs are in Buildbox 3 I take it? Thank you for letting us know, I will add them to the list shortly

4. AlbertSherman

AlbertSherman Boxer

Yes, Buildbox Beta 3. Some of these errors are new (they were not in previous versions) like elements and shadows disappearing.

5. Dhaval17081986

Dhaval17081986 Boxer

why no one replied ?

6. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

It is coming!

7. particles

particles Avid Boxer

'S' shortcut key for enabling one scene for testing.
    Any other shortcut key to enable more than one scenes?
    [​IMG]

8. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Low priority request.
    Any Chances Of Displaying Scores As
    1,000,000 Instead 1000000?

If possible, Format option can be added with the existing Font, Alignment options.

[​IMG]

9. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

That's what several studying computer scientists (one from MIT say to me):

The term "beta version" classifies programs in their development and outlines the current approximate level of development. In the process of creation, a program goes through several stages, which are called alpha, beta, etc. An alpha or pre-alpha designates, among other things, the first approaches of a game. By contrast, a beta version of a program is already very similar in scope and design to the final product, but still needs a series of test runs and bug fixes.

---------

And then you wonder about the harsh tone? REALLY? What you have here so far is possibly an alpha version. This has NOTHING but also NOTHING to do with a beta in the true sense!

To deal with criticism must be learned!

NOBODY wants to be disrespectful here, but you have put yourself under a gigantic pressure through your foreclosures. And then you get a threat because you are not "respectful"?

We are not buddies here, we are customers, users! And if a user does not like something, they are allowed to say it!

And when it gets so clear, it may have something to do with it being very disappointed, unresponsive, or promising something that will not be kept for the hundredth time!

10. Josh (Nology Games)

Had this current time, you are not paying for Buildbox 3, it comes free with Buildbox 2.
    I would like to add that everyone has their on thoughts on what Beta means but here is the truth. A Beta version is a version of a product that is close to release but still has things that are being worked out, infact a Beta often is nothing like a final release. this is because you have Beta Testers (Which we are lucky as Buildbox 2 Customers to Beta test the product)
    I do understand how annoying it is that you can't have your final version yet but it is not the product you are paying for, it is merely the product you get to test as a bonus (Which by the way, does have the ability to have a full release of a game, however it simply wont be 100% perfect unless you know exactly what you are doing.

11. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

Nevertheless, you feel as if you are paying for it. Why can you only have it if you pay for BB2? There is a dependence. And I mean (of course I can be wrong) that you raised the price for BB2 when you brought the BB3 beta. As I said: EVERYTHING makes you feel like you pay for it;)

12. Josh (Nology Games)

The reason you can only have it if you have for Buildbox 2 is because we respect our customers and think they deserve to be able to get the ability to play around with something before it is even fully released. would you prefer we didn't allow you to use the Beta? do you think others would agree?
    I would also like to point out that I have always paid $99 for Buildbox 2 and the price is the same with buildbox 3 being in Beta and having myself being able to use it. by no means are you paying for buildbox 3 at this current time. I do apologize for any confusion to make you think that you were.

13. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

These things you should have thought about before. Now that can change badly. I have a VERY CLEAR QUESTION:

How much will Buildbox 3 cost when it's done?

14. Josh (Nology Games)

I am not sure what you a referring to? We have never stated that you are paying for a Beta, in fact, it has always been stated that we want our customers to be able to use it freely while it's in Beta. I once again apologise that you feel otherwise.
    You subscription with update automaticly from being for Buildbox 2 to Buildbox 3 upon full release at no extra cost.

15. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

Oh cool. Buildbox 2 + 3 "Indie" will then cost together $ 35 /Mo. ?

So we all pay for 2 programs of which one does not work ;)

Already now I thought!

16. Josh (Nology Games)

Incorrect. You will be paying for buildbox 3 as buildbox 2 will be phased out entirely. While it is Beta, it does have issues but these issues will nolonger be there when Buildbox 2 is phased out. It's only during the beta (which is for testing and finding these issues) that these bugs will be there.

17. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

Then I actually wonder why you did not use Buildbox 2 as the base for 3 and that the main functions that are important for EVERY game have been preserved until you have improved anything there. I mean alone the menu structure and functioning nodes are basic things that MUST work with as the FIRST!

18. Josh (Nology Games)

Are you asking why we didn't just upgrade Buildbox 2 instead of creating an entirely new platform?

19. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

Sure. Its possible to take that as "Base" for BB3. So all of the previous functions are working (also menus). And then you can improve a working program more and more and more

20. Josh (Nology Games)

Due to Buildbox 2 never being designed for coding, it is impossible to use it as a base. The closest thing we could do would be to rebuild buildbox 2 from the ground up again but add the ability for coding, and that is what we did. Its called Buildbox 3.