Buildbox, Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Josh (Nology Games), Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I will do everything in my power to keep these up as a standard. I may be by myself at this time but I am a one man army, and love helping others. It has been and will always be apart of my nature.

I couldn't agree more, it would be such an issue to be moving forward with Buildbox3 if we are not up to the standards of Buildbox2 at the very least. I can assure you that buildbox2 will not be phased out until Buildbox3 is at a higher standard. I will confirm this, but as far as I am aware, all of the tools of buildbox2 will be in the final release of buildbox3. I agree that it does need to be bug free, and we will do out best to mitigate any bugs keep buildbox3 at a high standard.

we all hope that this does not happen to buildbox3 and are sad that it happened with buildbox2, yes sometimes things can not always be helped but we will do everything in our power to make sure this does not happen again.

I once again agree with you here. and I will share these thoughts with the team on your behalf.

these are great questions and I will speak with the rest of the team and get back to you with a informative answer. it is a sunday for you guys, (Its monday for me) so it may not be instant but as soon as I get the information, I will come back to this for you, you have my word.

I will add these to the feature requests and speak with the team before letting you know, but I do not see why it couldn't be done. with the scripting of buildbox3 and the 2D worlds of Buildbox2, I really think that you would be able to do this at final release but I will confirm this for you.

I am referring to that fact that I will keep everyone as informed as I can, so with both information as well as bugfixes.
    you are able to post the issues with 2.3.6 in the 2.3.7 Beta thread as Nik keeps a close watch on that thread, but like I said, by posting here, I can get back to you and get you the information regarding these issues.

Christoph likes this.
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

\
    I have updated this to the feature requests and will put this forward to the team and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Christoph likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I also think you should edit the first post on this thread with any info you do get about the features/issues. So, for example, the UI nodes. Do something like this: UI nodes - Trey has said that inventory nodes will be happening in beta 4.

This way we won't have to keep asking "Any update on these?" and we will just know that if there is any news on any of the posts issues/features it will be found on the first post.

One of the big issues I have with BB3 is its physics and collision. I would love to see those be fixed. If @NikRudenko needs a more detailed example I can send him a bbdoc.

Also, I feel Nodes need to be modular in a way where it almost seems like we are playing with legos and how most of the nodes can connect and interact with each other to make a bunch of new things.

Christoph likes this.
  4. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I would love to have the whole Node system implemented into buildbox 2. @Tekanology

5. thatguyminib

They have already said this will not be happening, rather they will be making it so you can do 2d inside of BB3.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

I completely agree and I was already going to do this, and I thank you for letting me know as it makes it even easier for me to add.
    if you want, send the BBDoc to Discord@buildbox.com so that I can see what you mean and I will get back to you with it as soon as I can. also I do understand that, I will add that to feature requests so that the team can take a lot at it. I love the idea of making nodes more simply and I know that the rest of the team wants Buildbox3 to be just as if not even more simple then what Buildbox2 is

7. Josh (Nology Games)

as @thatguyminib stated, it will not be done to Buildbox 2. the reason for this is that Buildbox 2 was never designed to have coding and the only way to fix this would be to build it up from the start, which they already have, and that is buildbox 3

8. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Thank you !

9. thatguyminib

Will do. I got work to do today but hopefully, I can have time to send it today if not tomorrow.

10. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I'm using Applovin for now, and 95% of negatives reviews is because player get interrupted during gameplay with AD that should pop up on Game Over screen but get some lag.
    I have like window rolling in, on game over screen to give that 1-2 second oportunity for ad to load ( but maybe I am asking for a wrong thing here)

11. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

1. Autosave feature.
    2. Preview refresh key command. Maybe "R", instead of clicking everytime.
    3. Customized Nodes column.(under Advanced) For Nodes w/custom script. And ability to save edited nodes.
    4. When Nodes are selected also highlight the group & node name in the list.
    5. Ability to change values by selecting & sliding left/right or arrow up/arrow down.
    6. Ability to save previously used objects to the Shapes/Smart Assets Library.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  12. Josh (Nology Games)

Great Ideas! I have added them to the feature requests.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  13. thatguyminib

Ability to group nodes.

So, for example, you have like 3 or 4 nodes that handle the movement of the player or shooting. You can select or highlight all the nodes and maybe hit 'G' or Cntrl 'G' to group them into one node that you can name Player Movement or Player Shooting, this keeps things organized. Also if you double click that grouped node then it will go deeper into the node editor and show you all the nodes that are grouped so you can make changes to the individual nodes if needed or add more.

You can put this I guess as a way to Encapsulate or group nodes lol.

14. Josh (Nology Games)

what a wonderful Idea! I will add this to feature requests. thank you!

15. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

level progression bar - that can be based on event observer points/coins/distance and based on that info showing how much percent of level/world is done

16. Josh (Nology Games)

I would say that this would be able to be done with the UI nodes however I will add it to feature requests just in case we can make a easy to use version of it as well.

Lamora likes this.
  17. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

So with the introduction of 2d into bb3 do this mean that the script element is usable in both 2d and 3d?, this would be the deal breaker especially if importing your bbdocs from 2.3.7 the additional functionality would be the icing on the cake.so to say

18. Josh (Nology Games)

Yes, buildbox 3 will have the nodes in both 2D and 3D. I am not sure as to why it would be a deal breaker though? Perhaps you could explain?
    Also, if you make a game in 2.3.7 and add it to buildbox 3, it will be able to work the same and be just as simple to use

19. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Because nodes is codes and if you can code you can add more features behaviours even AI which isn't possible in 2.3.7 standalone as stated it wasn't designed for it, a lot of the community have wanted nodes in bb2 because it opens up possibilities gateways it makes what was limited software no so limited

20. thatguyminib

Not sure if it would be just the same seeing as Advance Moves are not in BB3, from what I can tell and sounds like Trey wants to get away from that.

Wonder how they will be translating all of that into nodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.