Trying To Create A Fuel Countdown To Death.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by George Schmidt, Oct 16, 2018.

1. George Schmidt

George Schmidt Boxer

I have a craft that uses fuel. I want to create a routine that counts down the fuel to zero which causes death, and I want to have a powerup that adds fuel. I find it very difficult to find asnything like that in BB. I have a powerup for coins disguised as fuel, is there something I can make that will subtract coins at a consistent pace?
    IMG_3675b.jpg

2. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

Greetings! Yes you can try something, is create an invisible action long enough to cover the screen, but thin, that will reduce your Coins. Copy and paste it again and again at certain points where you feel the fuel should get reduced.

You can then add an event observer which can watch a certain amount of coins. In your case, 0.

If you play around with these things you will get something that you like.

3. George Schmidt

George Schmidt Boxer

This does work, how can I make it so that when the coin counter reaches zero, the character dies. I reaslly appreciate your help.

4. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

what i did in one of our in house projects, is when the fuel reaches zero, a new world loads that is an exact duplicate of the current one, by connecting the obeserver, however, the UI of the new world has a huge flashing red screen, and a death block (a transparent cube that has an enemy settings) falls from top, instantly killing the player. we tweaked around with the settings so the transition feels smooth and it looks like HP going 0 killed you.