Buildbox Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by VectologyGames, Oct 20, 2018.

1. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Hello Buildbox team.

I'm glad we have finally moved to a place where civilized conversation can take place. I really thank @Tekanology for stepping up in this regard.

I had a few questions regarding:

1. be respectful to all users and this platform itself. Just because you are a paying customer does not entitle you to attacking the team or members, any bugs or issues can be worked out but patients is key,

2. you are paying for "Buildbox" not its version. while Buildbox3 is in Beta, Buildbox2 is its current version and most new features will added to Buildbox3

Regarding #1 Could you give me an example of what you would call "attacking" I just want to make sure the community knows exactly what expected of them.

Regarding #2 Buildbox itself has made a clear and distinct separation between the two softwares. I personally have no interest in 3.0 at the moment due to it being beta software without a stable release.

"any bugs or issues can be worked out but patients is key,"

I agree with the above statement. The people are concerned about 3.0 (beta) being moved to the front of the line. Deadlines have been missed, which leads to delays added to users current (2.0) games. Patience can go both ways, and when the users "feel" like they are not being heard the forums become toxic. Transparency would be greatly appreciated.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

use your No love from Voodoo post. it was very useful to the team and brought to light some things that needed to happen. but the last few pages became more of an attack then anything else. and it was becoming very toxic. would you agree?

3. VectologyGames

I just need you to clearly define what "You" as a moderator expect from us. My opinion is really not important in this matter.

Snipering likes this.
  4. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I disagree strongly but we have freedom of speech here in Norway so it might just be me.

5. Josh (Nology Games)

think of buildbox as an Iphone. Iphone is the brand and its number is the version. the only difference is that people get to get used to the third version of buildbox before its even ready to be released.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

I do not understand what you mean by that but here is the thing, we used the information that we learnt in order to fix these issues, the hard truth is that Buildbox2 was never designed to be able to do what these new publishers wanted. but buildbox3 has, and I know we are all looking forward to its release

7. VectologyGames

That is true, But I am more concerned with the outstanding bugs in 2.7. The non beta version of Buildbox. We need these issues addressed.

Snipering likes this.
  8. VectologyGames

Share what you know here :)

Snipering likes this.
  9. Josh (Nology Games)

I am unsure what you mean? personally I simply want The forums to be a little cleaner as complaints have been made and we need to take action, or risk losing customers

10. Josh (Nology Games)

okay, why don't you give me a list and I will explain what is being done about these issues.

11. VectologyGames

We need to what you deem as "attacking" Can you post some examples? If you are going to delete comments, we at least need to know what is allowed. Do you agree?

Snipering and comicsmathias like this.
  12. Josh (Nology Games)

I only deleted comments from a thread that the comments were not related to. I am not going to post examples, for two reasons. first, I do not wish to be calling anyone out publicly, this is not something that I agree with doing. second, there really is not a need, I understand what you are trying to ask, but at the end of the day, I don't like the idea of deleting comments because it is a bad look. the best way that I can put it is if the conversation is not going anywhere after it has been addressed then it and handled, unless its simply not understanding which we will address as well. we would like everyone to have a good experience while on the forums and reads posts like "Trey Smith does not care" or anything else like that is not really going to do that.

13. VectologyGames

We still have no Idea what the rules state. Your rules 2,3 were vague at best and too open to interpretation. I feel any actions on your part are a bit overreaching and did more damage to the Buildbox brand.

14. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You need to google or ask someone what being a moderator is all about. This will be my last post on this forum - but you will probably delete this too - until you research that moderation is just that. I'm pissed as hell that you deleted my post earlier that offered YOU constructive criticism but you chose to ignore it.

/out

15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I think closing threads is a bit too much as well. What if a new boxer comes in or an old one that makes a post that address said closed thread? What then? Delete the new one and address them to the old one where they can't put in there two cents?

16. Josh (Nology Games)

i'm not going to delete it, I understand that I upset you and like I said in your DM I was sorry that it went that way, I also explained why I did it but it is fine. I am sorry to see you go

17. Josh (Nology Games)

I don't just close every single thread but that one had run its course. what needed to be said was said, if we get no love from voodoo in the future, it will be for a whole other reason therefore will need a new thread, plus that thread that I did lock had a whole lot of comments and it was easy to get lost in them.

18. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I appreciate your hard work tekanology as a new moderator here in BB forum but you need to understand something lot of people here are frustrated and one of them is me iam a custummer since bb 1.0 and I really love buildbox as a software as it let me express my creativity and give a little income in the way however we were having a big hope for it and were very passion about it but it keep disappointing us again and again and we expressed this many time and talked to the team over and over again they keep promising with thing that they couldn’t keep and when you come and start to shut us up we really start to fell offended. I hope you change your attitude and be understandable as this the only space we have to express our feeling about the software neither was love or sadness, as this moment we really want and we still want to go side by side with this software untill someday we will be satisfied I hope... or give up... look iam Doubting right now and that my real feeling.

As I said before you are very welcome as a forum moderator and hope BB team surprise us and shut our mouth with real thing and not only with words and weird actions.

comicsmathias and thatguyminib like this.
  19. Josh (Nology Games)

I fully understand where you are coming from, I personally do not know the promises that have been made to you but I can assure you that they do intend to keep them. some may just be harder then what they thought. same thing can happen when you make a game right? you make something and find an issue and you get help from either the staff, the forums or even discord. but the team does not have this benefit. so it takes a little longer to work out how to get around an issue. but I will be kept up to date with anything that gets said and will be able to confirm with the team about any information for you guys. afterall, I am not here to hinder you, I am here to help you. I am the bridge that you can use to cross, but my foundations must remain strong.

20. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Maybe post a thread where people can list issues they still have and then create a sticky thread where you list all the issues and edit it as you are updated that way we are also updated and can check that thread if any updates happen with the issues we have.

That way there is one central place where we can be updated and if there is nothing there that means no updates. Win win

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.