Anyone Made Money With Bb? Self Published?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by qbeesoft, Oct 15, 2018.

1. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

Hi just curious. Anyone made money publishing their own game?

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,Yes many have.... Making games is an art to master.Don't get disappointed if things doesn't work.Stay focused and keep making more games.Luck too plays a factor.Today or Tomorrow the victory is yours :) .

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Darius is one of those people who have self published their brand the whole way through and survives off of his games quite well, though it is also a lot of work and is in no way "easy"

4. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

any link to his portfolio?

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Of course you can if you look at it as a business. You should see it as a business if you want to make money and learn ins and outs of how to promote you game. I am still learning but sure I made some decent money last summer on the fidget spinner craze. For me Making a game and expecting for people to download never worked. Think Riches To Niches. Find what people want first then make a game then you won't have to worry about how to market your game. Hope it helps.

bmsingha and particles like this.
  6. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

By yourself u can make game On steam,
    on mobile it is hard and need publisher.

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi did you publish on Steam before? I wonder how is the experience there in terms of downloads and visibility? Thanks in advance.

8. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

We have some experience on Steam. We earn some money, but we don't work on Steam very actively. If you have well-established portfolio and do some marketing (localizations, PR, regular sales, bundle participation) then you will have enough money from this platform. Moreover, you should take into account that there are mid and hard -core players on Steam. Not a great idea to publish hyper causal games there. I think @DariusGuerrero games will perform well on Steam.

volcank likes this.
  9. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

volcank likes this.
  10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you! Yes I am aware of the players out there. Most of the time They like crushing Mobile gamers lol. Once I did a mistake of sharing a video of my mobile game at Green Light and they crushed me there lol. Thank you for the insights.

justforward likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Nice Video. Thank you for this.

12. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

at this moment they broke visibility for Indies, but u can make game add price between 4.99-9.99$ and activate 75-90% coupons,
    for example my current game (it is not cool game but normal) makes 10$ a day without eny visibility only using coupons.
    but i started publishing 2 years ago, it was best year because I could activate trading cards to and sell lot keys on trading card farmars,
    now i only can use coupons and good product.

volcank likes this.
  13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

That is nice!! Sorry for late reply haven't been checking forums lately! Thank you for sharing experience! So in a way it is similar to indie publishing on mobile in revenue wise! Interesting how is it when you first publish it there like the first couple of days! Are the sales boosted are you in front page? Also how hard is it to export and upload to Steam using Buidlbox. Thank you!