Physics Coins?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ChrisB, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB Boxer

I just picked up Buildbox and I thought I'd try and make a simple little single screen setup as a learning project. I'm looking to drop a sequence of coins from the top of the screen at random locations. The player just moves around and catches them.

From what I've seen it doesn't look like you can have a coin object be a physics objects or animate their game object position?

I've seen some videos talking about nesting coin actions in another objects so you can then animate that parent object but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

For example:

At 00:57 they open up the animation editor on a blank game object and the coin action ( I think that's the coin action ) just appears there with the art asset and then it's nested somehow.

Anyone know of a detailed tutorial or example project that might deal with something like this? I've been looking around but haven't seen any.

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

that's just copying an action in the scene and pasting it in the animation editor

3. ChrisB

ChrisB Boxer

Ah, thanks. I was trying copy and paste but I didn't put the action in the scene first.