Advertising - Chartboost Or Facebook?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Starman, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Finished my game! Now back to marketing again :rolleyes:

I spent the past few days searching for cpi advertising networks and cases of advertising (games)

Found a few on flippa that seemed wayy too good to be true (a dollar+ rpd:eek:)
    And they all use chartboost for some reason (in game ads and paid advertising)
    I know it doesn't make sense, this is one of the explanations I found :
    " The app is not making $1,000/month. Or to be more precise, the app in conjunction with the seller's Chartboost account is making that much, but you will not. She told me that she will show you what you need to do to optimize your campaigns to get it to make that much.

Basically what it boils down to is your Chartboost campaigns perform better if you fit certain requirements (downloads/installs, etc.) So on someone that has built their Chartboost account over months/years, it's easy to rank, so to speak. So she can launch a new app and her campaigns are already optimized, because she's a top Chartboost member already. Someone brand new with a new Chartboost account will not see the same results."

Is this really true?o_O

My past games didn't do very well, around 200 installs on iOS and 5 cent rpd, did no advertising.
    I want to try it this time, very curious about chartboost after seeing those games on flippa.
    I see that chartboost offers ads at 10 cent cpi, which is not bad. But the minimum daily spending is 100$, that's a lot of money for me to spend on advertising. I'm sure I'll make some back but just want to ask if anyone has tried that before and how it went.

Another option will be facebook ads, also offering cpi downloads but a higher rate I guess?
    Both are real installs, I spent 10 bucks on android burst campaign and it did really bad (got a dollar back for 125 downloads) Would like to give chartboost or facebook ads a try, seeing if anyone have suggestions and would like to share their experiences:)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Any suggestions? :)

3. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

If you are talk about Publishing, Yes. It is possible with Chartboost Optimization. It require lot of efforts and patience.