How To Go To Next Scene?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by RishabhMehta, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Hello!

How to go to next scene after finishing 1st scene i.e., Start scene in swipe board type game?

2. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

If this question is concerned with Buildbox 2 you use set checkpoint and next checkpoint to teleport between scenes in a static type of game. You will get these two options in Action Menu.

3. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

But how should I implement this method

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey there, just play around with those 2 types of actions and discover this thing. Here is a hint: On first scene leave an action object with Next Checkpoint type, on second scene add the second action with Set Checkpoint type. Start the game and have fun testing.

PS: The idea behind set and next checkpoint can be found here .
    PSS: Theres a link for this type of questions (http://help.buildbox.com/) but for your exact issue you got this.(Creating Checkpoints)

5. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Can next checkpoint and set checkpoints work on object? I mean I’ve made a game, in that instead of main player I put object as my main player but now I got stuck at making levels.

Can I do something with object as my main player?

6. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Can next checkpoint and set checkpoints work on object? I mean I’ve made a game, in that instead of main player I put object as my main player but now I got stuck at making levels.

Can I do something with object as my main player?

7. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Checkpoints can be triggered via Action Buttons or via Player(character) interaction.
    Try the UI version and see if it works for your game. For Player you can add actions on objects to trigger the event but that's it. BB2 is pretty limited on this part that's why I suggested the node system for upcoming version of the app or at least a way to link some "programable scripts" to current objects/characters similar etc.

Hope that helps...Have fun!