Some Qustions About Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by yogev, Sep 29, 2018.

1. yogev

yogev Boxer

Hey I am new on buildbox and i want to start build games on it

can you give me some tips for using buildbox and making games
    can you give me good tutorials to watch?
    what should i do about gdpr ? (i am not living on EU so what should I do ? I don't want to pay for a layer or get sued or get banned or something )

what skills do i need to start making games?
    thanks !!:)

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

3. BobR

BobR Boxer

A good place to start is the "Make Your Own Game" tutorial video series that's accessed right from the Buildbox.com menu under "Games" on the top menu bar of the main page.
    I had a few problems following along because of differences between the videos and the saved example code that accompanies the series, but it's a good explanation of the various basic features of the Buildbox program, and the presenter, Heath Close does a great job explaining what everything does and how to adjust the settings.

The tutorial gives you downloadable assets for the videos, including the graphics and sounds, and ends up with a game that was eventually uploaded to the Apple and Google Play stores.
    Even if the game they show isn't what you're looking to make for yourself it's a good start to just follow along and re-create it on your own to get a feel for how to use Buildbox for your own projects.

4. yogev

yogev Boxer

thank you
    but what should i do about the gdpr ?

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

6. BobR

BobR Boxer

This is a subject that could use a major set of articles and tutorials directly from Buildbox because there are so many questions that affect so many users... and there aren't many understandable explanations out there at the moment. At least I haven't found anything myself.

Coldwilson likes this.
  7. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Completely agree