What Software Besides Bb Will I Need To Buy / Learn

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Nateorious, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Nateorious

Nateorious Boxer

Hi everyone,
    very very new to all of this, so please be gentle - I have looked around and cant find a flow chart / discussion about exactly what we do AFTER we complete a game build, as far as exporting it to either android or app store - what do i need to download. Im so new i am at the 'don't know what i don't know' stage, and i guess i don't want to get down the whole path and realise im stuck without a macbook or some whiz bang PC. ( my pc is fine, but i dont have a mac )

there is some general discussion, and found a tutorial regarding android, but was hoping someone might point me towards a concrete guide if possible. Really appreciate any help anyone can provide

sorry if it seems such a basic question - you may think 'oh boy, if that's his question, he has no hope of making it,' but BB seems the best way for a beginner and i hope to prove myself and contribute to the forum as i learn
    Thanks,
    Nathan

2. BobR

BobR Boxer

I've seen a number of "tutorials" that discuss the "post-production" stage of readying a game or app for distribution via the various "stores", but like you haven't seen any solid treatment of what to do once you get to "Game Over" on your project.

It all appears a good deal more complex than the actual creation of the game, involving Developers' Kits for the individual platforms and coding for the specific options and parameters for them... and then of course there's the added complication of adding advertising to the app to monetize it which looks even more arcane than the DevKits.

I've been bookmarking videos on YouTube as I come across them for future use when I get to those points, but I too have been looking for something more "official" to follow.

3. Nateorious

Nateorious Boxer

thanks for the reply,

i guess i will just keep collating stuff form different sources for now.

4. happydays

happydays Boxer

you will need a mac to use Xcode which is used to upload to the Apple App Store. You might be able to run a Virtual Machine on your computer and upload it that way but not sure, I would do some googling "How to use Xcode on "your computer"."