Buildbox 2.3.7 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Aug 13, 2018.

1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

In the preset, you must choose an enemy.
    Make sure that it has damage.

2. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi! I was trying to vertically scroll through the store of characters with the help of Multiple Unlock. I just turned the window 90 degrees. But the scrolling remained horizontal. Could you make the possibility of vertical scrolling?

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hello @NikRudenko
    It's great news to hear you guys will continue to be supporting 2.3.7.

I found a new bug that seems to have been introduced in recent builds.
    It seems Alpha space is now ignored in Image Selection boxes.

[​IMG]

Try testing with these two sprites:

Pause: [​IMG] Pressed: [​IMG]

As you can see the Sprites have the same canvas size, but the Alpha is being ignored when pressed and snapping to the origins in the bottom left. In older versions it would stay centered if the canvas sizes were the same.

I'd like to add, this creates a lot of work for people who have imported older BB projects to make updates for bug fixes, only to find out they can't revert the BBDoc back to older versions of BB.
    It would be great if this issue could be fixed.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    JoaoPolido and Xoctrebla like this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I wanted to report another bug in 2.3.7 beta. When you have an action sound it gets cut when you menujump. Thanks for fixing.

dotcasualgames likes this.
  5. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Is this bug still in 2.3.7? Because that happens in my game too.

6. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Fantastic looking forward to more 2D updates as well (passing on the 3d stuff).

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Good evening @NikRudenko
    I was wondering, seems BB2 will have continued support for a while, is there any chance that more Point Systems can be added?

Coins and Points are fantastic and super helpful, but it would awesome if we could have more Coin types with the corresponding Event Observers.

Or maybe even with a “+” button next to it so we could create as many as we like? Or even base scoring systems on names instead? So we could called them PointsA, PointsB, PointsC etc?

That would really open up BB2 and to take it even further if a Progressions Bar similar to the loading bar/label could be intregrated somehow to should scores between 1-100, that would just be a game changer for BB2.

Anyway, I just thought I’d share a couple of features I’d love to see in BB2 for those still focusing primarily in the 2D space. Thanks.

viking, kodagames and adrogdesigns like this.
  8. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

What would be really cool is the node system for 2d :D

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

In one of the latest 2.3.7 builds, I get this console output when playing a game/level that is in 1 scene:

[​IMG]

Is this anything to worry about? It's repeatedly printing this output so I just want to check there's no memory issue here?

Also, I've posted a few bugs recently for 2.3.7 beta now. Any news on an update @NikRudenko @TreySmith @Sean Buildbox?
    Thank you.

Christoph likes this.
  10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug that only appears on device (iOS probably as well Android):
    when you use a trail after 20 seconds or so it gets pixelated more and more. Or not sure how to say it. But it's not smooth anymore. Check out the screenshot:
    'smooth'
    [​IMG]

VS

'pixelated'
    [​IMG]

If you keep going more and more time, it gets worse and worse. Until to the point that it makes Dere EXE kind of effects all over the screen and then disappears completely. I guess it is memory related? Idk. But it seems like bad code and is maybe a bug.

Thanks.

11. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Haven't heard from any @Buildbox staff for a bit on the forums, could be a while till you get any sort of answer for that @Christoph

JoaoPolido likes this.
  12. Cyberlab games

Cyberlab games Boxer

i keep getting notoolchains error when i use buildbox 2.3.6 and android studio 3.2

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Good morning @TreySmith / @NikRudenko
    I understand you're hard at work on BB3, but do you guys have any news on 2.3.7?

I've found another bug in 2.3.7... Opacity has no affect on Characters!!
    Even when set to zero, the Character still renders in Preview and on Devices.

It would be great if you could acknowledge the bugs we're all posting here so we know they're on the to-do list.
    Thank you.

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I definitely feel completely left alone as a customer. The last time we heard that the OPs beta post (@NikRudenko) would be the last one before a week later we would get the final 2.3.7 build.

It seems that Buildbox has no more interest to provide the product they promised. Disappointed all the way. :( If one thought it couldn't get worse it now actually is getting worse with each day.

The only thing missing is that our licenses are revoked. Imagine Buildbox is declaring bankruptcy, we couldn't even keep using the software we have right now.

Oh man, this all feels so badly.

JoaoPolido, steves and micdune like this.
  15. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I guess they have bitten off more than they can chew. With Manu 3d drag/drop engine in development, I guess BB wanted to be first out of the traps.

I think that there's so much demand on getting what publishers require into BB, they could be reworking things - but some communication wouldnt hurt with a small update.

JoaoPolido and micdune like this.
  16. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

I would agree
    I would agree totally, it seems BB 2 (2.3.7) development has stopped, it has been 3 months since 2.3.6 was out and they rushed to 2.3.7 beta and now their focus has been solely in BB 3D, which is not a product yet that can be used to ship proper games to the App Store. so we are left paying for Buildbox, and we do not have neither a BB 2D working properly neither e BB 3D.
    Worse is that no one from BB team says a word here in the forums-- simply silence --- it seems we are not worth customers!! -
    I am considering stopping my subscription

17. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hello. Guys. just little heads up here.
    New 2.3.7 build is coming.. We are working on 2.3.x. So don't worry.
    I'll post later today some GDPR stuff for 2.3.7.
    So stay tuned...

18. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

any updates on a final release for 2.3.7?

19. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

Very soon! Matter of weeks now

20. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Hi @AlexBB
    Good to hear it is coming out soon, Just one question.
    In the beta version of 2.3.7. I don't see a custom function is navigation button as @NikRudenko said in another forum.
    And since it is compulsory to have a revoke consent button how do I do it , for both android and iOS.
    The function which is there which I can't see only supports iOS , what about Android , what are we supposed to do in Android ?