How To Create Button Inside Scene Buildbox 3d

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by gauravdashora676, Sep 16, 2018.

1. gauravdashora676

gauravdashora676 Boxer

Hi,

How we can create a button inside the scene in Buildbox 3D, which can sense touch input. If Button pressed is correct then it will take some action to an actor.

2. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

In the object list on the left, double-click on your Character to open the node editor. On the left, you'll see nodes you can add to your character. Click on the Controls category and you'll see the different types of touch inputs you can add to your character.

gauravdashora676 likes this.
  3. gauravdashora676

gauravdashora676 Boxer

Thanks for your suggestion. But in Control category if i select Touch inputs then whole area is sensed but i want only that object would get sensed.

4. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

I don't know if you've used BB2, but in there you would create an action(powerup) in the scene editor, which would then be available be used in the scene editor or the UI editor. You will notice there is an action button available in the UI editor in BB3 just like BB2, and if you insert an action button in the UI, there is a powerup selection popup, but since there's no way to create powerups in the scene editor, there's nothing to chose from. Using this process in BB2 you could create a button in the UI that would operate on a character through a powerup you created. I haven't read anything on what the plans are in BB3 to include this capability, but I suspect since there is the option to create an action button in the UI, that there will be a way to create powerups in the future(near?) of BB3. Anyone know anything about this???