Confused. Why Isn't Buildbox Scaling And Aligning Images Across Devices?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Shamrock Mobile Apps, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Shamrock Mobile Apps

Shamrock Mobile Apps Boxer

I was under the impression that Buildbox scaled and aligned images automatically, so the app would look nearly the same across multiple device types.

However, when using Preview, my UI screens look fine on iPhone 5, but iPhone 4 and iPad 2 screws everything up. (see attached screenshots)

On iPhone 4, my buttons overlap and on iPad 2 my bottom button overlaps my top button entirely.

Also, I've exported as Android and tried across multiple device emulators and run into the same issue, so it's not just BB's Preview that is the issue. I've physically tested on my Galaxy Note 3 and everything looked fine there, but all other emulated devices besides the iPhone 5 looked terrible.

I thought BB handled all this automatically. What exactly am I missing?

Screenshot-640x1136-2016-10-14-10.22.11PM.png
    Screenshot-640x960-2016-10-14-10.22.18PM.png
    Screenshot-768x1024-2016-10-14-10.22.27PM.png

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

You need to uncheck stick to edge.

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

in the settings options (far upper right gear looking button) there is an option for "fit to width" and "fit to height"... play with those along with stick to edge and not stick to edge on your buttons...

Shamrock Mobile Apps likes this.
  4. Shamrock Mobile Apps

Shamrock Mobile Apps Boxer

Thanks guys.

Looks like a combination of unchecking stick to edge and choosing "fit to height" helped me out. I had to rework a couple of my images to make sure there extended the full width of the screen on larger devices, but a very minor inconvenience. I've now run it on multiple emulators and everything is looking much better.

I appreciate the help.

playsgames6666 and heathclose like this.
  5. Jay

Jay Boxer

Can somebody please tell me exactly where "Stick to edge" and the other options are that have been mentioned in this forum? I can not find any of those options in BB 2D or BB 3D Beta.

6. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

slice3.png slice4.png