Leaderboard Log In Problems With 2.3.5

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Apr 26, 2018.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi guys,

Anyone having problems with logging their device to Game Center when the game is exported? I recently created a new game at appstore and leaderboard and I am actually testing the game as Adhoc and no matter what I do the game doesn't seem to log in to Game Center. This shouldn't happen even the game is not published and it should work. Is this a bug at 2.3.5?? The thing is when build my other older games in 2.3.5 leaderboards and game center was working ok but today when I did a fresh app with new bundle id, provisioning files and leaderboard it never logs in. Does it have to do with the interval setting of gamecenter?

@ZackGriset @Andy

Thank you

2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey, thank you so much for checking on this. We did have a little confusion with this recently. For the game to show the game center button, you need to be logged into Game Center and online. But, you're saying you're just flat out not able to sign in to the game center? that sounds like it might be a different problem. Can you please send in a bbdoc and maybe a short video into support and we will take a look at this for sure!

Best,
    Zack

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Zack, Yes it is strange. Another thing is what I did this I had a game at appstore which I removed from sale and recreated an IOS app for the same game with different bundle id and leaderboard id. Don'T know if this could be causing the problem. The game is not published yet but like I said still it should be logged in. Also another thing I realised is game doesn't show up in my mobile phone Settings where it shows all the apps installed probably because game is not online. Also my other old games that I exported and built was showing leaderboards with no problem. I am sending a bbdoc file to support right away. I will also add an email to testflight when it is approved for sale it is in review. Which email should I add so also you could test the game and tell if it it connecting or not. Thank you.

4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Okay sounds good man. We will get this figured out. Taking the app down, switching the bundle Identifier and putting it back up should be fine. You might want to try a different leaderboard ID as well. Great, send it into support and you can send me your testflight using zack@buildbox.com and I can take a look at it as well :)

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok sent the email to support and adding your email and support email for test flight! The build is still in review and will be able to send you invitation when it is approved. I hope this is a small thing I missed and will be sorted out quickly lol! Thank you so much!

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@ZackGriset Ok it is approved at Testflight I added the build also I think you can test it out! Thank you in advance. :)

7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @ZackGriset an update on my situation. I deleted the current leaderboard and created a new leaderboard with different id and not it logs in but doesn't show leaderboard. IT says no data available. I also tried Distance instead of Points and still no luck! Seems in 2.3.5 leaderboard is not registering any points.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    dotcasualgames likes this.
  8. dotcasualgames

dotcasualgames Boxer

Was this this ever resolved? I am going through the same issue myself

9. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

I also have this issue for Google Play. I get a sign in error from Google Play's game services.

All fields are correctly configured. Never had this problem before

10. dotcasualgames

dotcasualgames Boxer

@rywnshyhq I hope they fix this with the final 2.3.7 release. This and the points system! Have you contacted support on this?

11. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

I haven't contacted them yet but now that you mention it, I will

12. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Was there any outcome from this?
    I have the same issue

13. Carlosacsousa

Carlosacsousa Boxer

Hi Zack, do you think that all these issues, perhaps you could do a tutorial.
    Leaderboard on android step by step.
    And how to save correctly the game, in way if we needed to update the game, we now exactly the save file we should use and the same configuration to use the same XAI 1 and the rest of the ID.

Thanks in advance from Portugal

Carlos Sousa