... block touch when using the Pause button

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by kpportier, Oct 5, 2015.

1. tweettopix

tweettopix Boxer

Hi BuildBoxers,

I am new to BuildBox and working on my first Jumping game. Before this newly updated Forums became available, I was following posts on Facebook. But I think this is the right place to drop my questions.

I have two big buttons to control my player (i.e. to move my player to the left and the right) that cover the entire screen. I also have a pause button in front of these two big buttons. I want to block my touch when touching the pause button so my player won't move at the same time. However my player moves when doing this. How can I block touch when using the pause button. I read the manual, but I am not able to manage this.

The two big buttons do not have an image attached. I believe transparent images were not needed to make these left/right buttons able to work.

Thanks in advance. (I am already loving BuildBox and am thinking about buying it after this trial period.)

Attached Files:

2. sandro_diaz

sandro_diaz Boxer

Hey! I had a similar problem to you when I was using the trail version of Buildbox.
    What I learned was that you can't place two buttons (Invisible or visible) on top of each other.
    So what I did to solve this problem was to make my jump zone NOT go over any other buttons I had, and then I just filled in any blank spaces with another invisible jump button.

Now when I did this (A long time ago) I believe there was a glitch that didn't let me have two buttons on the screen that did the same thing (Jump in this case), like one of them would just not work. But who knows give it a try and see what happens! :D

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Multiple of the same buttons should work fine now. :)

4. sandro_diaz

sandro_diaz Boxer

Well what I mean by the glitch part is that if I added two buttons that did the same thing, only one of them would work, and It turns out it has been resolved!. But the covering a button with another button seems to not be a glitch but rather the way Buildbox works.

5. sandro_diaz

sandro_diaz Boxer

Oh really? Awesome! :D

6. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

there is a possibility to put time like three seconds when you put pause and get back in the game?