Quick Question, Please Help (character Animation)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mrsi, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

Hi, does anyone know how to make a sequence of PNG images for a default character animation? I put a picture below, they do this when making the game Glitch in the Buildbox make your own game series.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.26.10 PM.png

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

1. Click on your character
    2. Then over on the right side of the screen you will see "Default Animation" window with a circle in it.
    3. Drag your sequence of images on top of that Circle in the "Default Animation" window and you should be good to go. Might take a minute.

Then you will need to go in and adjust the timing.
    To do that you'll then click on that window to open it up and and then in lower right corner you can adjust speed there.

Let me know if that helps you.

Mrsi likes this.
  3. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

Thanks @jerry, but how would I go about making these sequence of images?

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Making your own images? Do you have an idea of what you want the character to look like and how it should look animated?

Mrsi likes this.
  5. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

Yes, my character is just a white ball and I want it to be animated so it kind of beats to the beat of the music playing in the background of my game.

6. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Are you creating your own graphics? Using photoshop or another image creation software?
    One easy way without graphics software is to create one circle. Then add that to a particle effect that is inside your character animation. You'll just need to play with the timing of the "beat"/speed of the particle spawning. So just make the one circle spawn at a rate that is equal to the beat. You'll need to check that during testing the game and not in the particle effects window. Particle effects window plays W A Y slower than in-game.

Mrsi likes this.
  7. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

Thanks, I have been using Canva (another graphics software) to make my graphics since all my graphics are very simple.

8. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

And thanks, I will play around with the pixels, I think it will work well.