Different World For Different Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Dec 8, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I would like to make a game where when a player unlocks a new character that character starts the game with its own unique world with different graphics.

Is this possible. I tried this but even I select a different world and select the specific character that world still shows the character that is on top of the list on the left.

Check this game for an example by Ketchapp.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/around-the-world/id1006496491?mt=8

Kind Regards

2. wwwjohntech

wwwjohntech Boxer

Hi,

Just create UI with single unlock characters and redirect to this UI when your user unlock your new character.

The UI with the new character is linked to your specific world.

John

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi sorry couldn't quite get it :( Will I create a different UI for each character and then direct that UI to the specific world?? How do I direct the main UI to that UI using navigation button? Sorry seemed a bit confusing to me on my side. Thank you

4. wwwjohntech

wwwjohntech Boxer

Example in attach. In each of your Heroes UI, add single unlock characters, you can choose which character is assigned to the button.

Attached Files:

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

OK seems I get it! Btw what happens if the character is locked still can't we play that world with other characters?? I mean does that unlock also unlocks the world?? Thank you!

6. wwwjohntech

wwwjohntech Boxer

If character is locked, you will play with the main character.

Just add a Play Button on your UI design

7. scottirwinart

scottirwinart Boxer

Hello wwwjohntech , you make it very simple but what i can't figure out is that when i have added the character icons and created a UI of single unlock 's when I go to the tree there aren't any places available to pic whip and form connections, what am I missing? ui_screenshot.jpg

8. scottirwinart

scottirwinart Boxer

Did you ever figure out how this is done, different world different character? I'm missing something and if you could let me know i would greatly appreciate it! by the way i saw your thread about buying a mac mini, thats what i use and i love it!! its almost 4 years old now and still not one problem;)

volcank likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi yes you know what after your reply I just found out a way to do it. yes Mac Mini I bough a few months a ago it is brilliant Thank You! :)Isn't that a great piece of toy! :)

Ok here is how you go about doing it. First of All you need to create a different UI for your each World That the character will be selected. So Let's say you have a cat for world 1 and dog for world 2.

Create a UI for Cat and a UI for Dog to begin their levels. This is where you will navigate to the main levels. For The First World I guess you don't need to do anyting if Cat is your main character.

For Dog add a Single Unlock button and change it to Dog at the bottom. Add a Charcter icon in Character properties and inside Character icon images import the same Start Game Button. So instead of Character image the Start Button will show up on the main UI. Put both Character Start image and the main navigation Start image on Top of Each other So when you click Start it will also unlock and select the Dog character and the game will start with Dog. Make sure you delete the Block Touch through inside the properties of both Character Unlock Start image and the Main Start image so when you touch it touches both. Good Luck!Hope it helps!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    wgoodpaster likes this.
  10. scottirwinart

scottirwinart Boxer

ok got it and works!! BUT now heres a question, is it possible to add an in game currency to unlock the other character like the dog for example? I've tried everything that i can think of and what happens is that i will add an in game currency to the character but the character can still be clicked on and not locked....during game play the world loads fine but the character doesn't load if the in game currency hasn't paid for the new character, but the character is still clickable...... i hope I'm making sense

wgoodpaster likes this.
  11. rohitaneja8

rohitaneja8 Boxer

Thanks Volkank. It worked.
    I created 3 worlds (all same), them imported character in world 1. Then had a UI created in Game tree for each of 3 world. In 1st UI nothing special needed. Second and third UI i created a start button with navigation to World and on top of that start button, kept a single character select image, unselected Block touch through of both button, and it worked !

volcank likes this.
  12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

You are welcome happy that it worked for you. Funny enough I never published a game using this technique lol. Maybe I should :)