Music doesn't work

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by thomasburgess2000, Dec 23, 2015.

1. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

The music that I have set to play during the game doesn't play. I know the sound is working, because other sounds (like shooting) work, just not the background music. Attached is my menu editor. Screenshot (78).png

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Nothing seems obviously wrong with that. Does the music play when you click on the play button in the file box? If not delete and reattach. If it does play and not playing ingame then you will need to contact tech support with a copy of your bbdoc file so Sean can take a look: support@buildbox.com

3. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Yes, it does play when I press play. Ok, I'll send it in. Thanks! @AndyG

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @thomasburgess2000, I've noticed when added new sounds, the preview doesn't always play the new added sounds on first play.
    When you hit preview, hit the refresh button at the top right of the preview window to see if it plays then. This has caught me out several times. It's a BB1 bug. Failing that, something is off with your MP3 or file name perhaps, anything look odd there?

5. Phillip Kung

Phillip Kung Boxer

Weird this just happened to me today as well for the first time. It was only a specific set of MP3's though that wouldn't play in the previewer other ones worked just fine.

6. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Thanks for your replies @Phill Mason and @Phillip Kung . Unfortunately it still is not working, and I tried switching MP3 files. Now whenever I try to preview the game Buildbox freezes up and becomes unresponsive, requiring me to force quit it. So I've submitted my game file to support and hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Phill Mason likes this.
  7. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

did you try with another MP3 file? is it there anything peculiar in the encoding of this file?

8. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Yes, I did and I tried also tried encoding the original mp3 into a different bitrate, but to no avail. @netkomm