Publishers That Can Be Trusted With Your Game And Do Business Honestly!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DrWho, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

I remember these words below from Trey Smith when he was talking about certain game Publishers that are good to work with and he mentioned many of them in the short clip I have below from one of his many videos on BuildBox's YouTube Channel. Watch and listen below...

Then I came across this article online which had me concerned after reading it..
    Here's the link to it here ---> https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/11/mobile-clones-app-store-google-play-indie-voodoo/

I also came across this video discussing the more popular indie publishers 'Ketchapp' & 'Voodoo' and after reading both the article above and seeing the video and other related articles online on the trust relationship with game developers it made me a little bit concerned about just who can one really trust with their game ideas and not have to worry about publishers stealing your game ideas and developing them for themselves and leaving the developers in the dust broke!!

Here is the other video here --->

What do you guys think after seeing all this here? I hope Trey Smith and others from the BuildBox team can chime in on this and give us some input and thoughts on this subject and hopefully put some minds here at ease. Anyways guys/gals... Please leave your thoughts below, and thanks for reading/watching in advance! God Bless...

2. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

You can't really trust anyone. Lots of publishers and developers are guilty of stealing another game's idea and there is not much you can do about that.

3. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

That is what I was thinking also @rywnshyhq , So then.. Who can you trust then to goto with your game with hopes that your game will get marketed and noticed and remotely even stand a slim chance at getting into this kind of industry then?!??
    Trey Smith says in the video above and also many other times that 'Keychapp', 'Voodoo' and many other publishers are great people to work with?! So with that in mind.. Would that be because a developer is already established that they will work well with that developer? And/or.. A new developer just getting started is more likely to be done dirty by these companies because they are not well established into the industry and more or less do not have the financial means to fight these publishers in the event they do steal a new developer's idea and/or game submission to them? There has to be some truth out there in certain regards to this issue with new game developers and their game submissions to these Giant mobile Publishers. There is also got to be some sort of way that you can get your game out there and noticed without being ripped off in the process too! So the question is what do you need to do and whom do you contact that will actually treat you honestly and professionally business wise in this industry then?

Here's a Good Idea for thought... Why doesn't The BuildBox Team also become a publisher themselves since they have excellent marketing capabilities? They have a hugh user/customer base using their software and such.. Why not take game submissions from their existing and new customers alike and help them in the process of getting their games ready and polished for release onto there own publishing platform? The BuildBox Team could actually build/develop an option right within the software of BuildBox so a user/customer could select/click on a button and submit their finished game to The BuildBox Team for review to be published with them. I think that would be an excellent idea personally..

4. Bllaaa

Bllaaa Boxer

During the past, when I had my Game Studio, Koolfing, I worked many times with publishers (Chillingo, Bulkipix...) and has good relations with them. No steal problems or other. I think it's important to maintain good relation with them with constant exchanges by mail and if possible meet them.

Just one time I remember to has a bad experience with Game Jolt, who stole our game and graphics ideas, after our first and unique meeting. But there were not publishers and contact us for à job, not to publish a game.

For now, I know there are publishers with good reputation and bad ones. So try to work only with good ones. ^^

5. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

@Bllaaa - But the question still is who are the good publishers that can be trusted vs. the bad ones that cannot be trusted? That is the million dollar question my friend. Would be nice if a compiled list from existing successful game developers would post there experiences on here with publishers that dealt with and the type of relationships they have along with those that are also not trustworthy to deal with also! Inquiring minds want to know... :- LoL

6. Bllaaa

Bllaaa Boxer

For Snack games like we can make with BB, I think at those publishers :

- Ketchapp
    - Voodoo (i know persons who works with them and it's ok)
    - Umbrella
    - FDG Entertainment
    - Tapps games
    - Noodlecake (i know persons who works with them and it's ok)
    - App Solute
    - Nitrome

7. Bllaaa

Bllaaa Boxer

Some publishers like Voodoo wants analytics and good metrics before considering to publish a game. In the past it was more simple. If the game was well polished and fun to play, you can sign with them. Now it's a bit different, but also cool, because when you sign with a publishers it's a good sign that you game could become a real success. ^^