Buildbox 2.3.7 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Atae Zuljalal

Atae Zuljalal Boxer

Hey Nick!

this is Atae Zuljalal from AZG.
    in a YouTube video, Trey Smith showed some software like Animation Box and Pixelbox.
    I really like these. But why you guys are not talking about these software?
    how do I get these? please reply...

2. Atae Zuljalal

Atae Zuljalal Boxer

I like the way when he is changing his colors.
    thats cooL!!!!!!!

3. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

Hello, Nik

Issue: object wake up distance does not work as it should? or!!!
    Software: 2.3.7 beta

I have sent bbdoc file to support.

--> you will noticed that the object will always wake up, even if I add wake up distance 1 pixel or 150 or any number for that matter ..... is this a bug or supposed behavior?

--> my understanding is that wakeup will be activated from the center of the object in related to the center of thew approaching character , also from any direction.? correct

How to understand what is going on??

Thanks

@NikRudenko @Andy @Sean Buildbox

NikRudenko likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug related to 2.3.7 beta @NikRudenko :
    Menu Jumps interrupt advanced moves and stop them completely (animation). Sent as well a BBDOC.

NikRudenko likes this.
  5. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hello! Guys, please add the consent revocation button GDPR for AdMob. MoPub does not work with AdMob, and the consent revocation button is mandatory for AdMob users. Perhaps you will make Buildbox more friendly to Admob GDPR and make a guide for AdMod? As far as I know, AdMob is one of the most popular ad networks and many of us use it.

Phil H and Astro Games like this.
  6. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I agree with @PlayShaft
    GDPR for AdMob or I quit! :p

NikRudenko likes this.
  7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can already achieve this by using the onScreenEnter() hook in the AppDelegate.

Xoctrebla and Astro Games like this.
  8. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

It's great, I'll try to figure out how this works, but first of all I'm interested in the consent button for Android. Most of my games are published on Google Play. Maybe you know how to do this on Android?

9. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

@AaroArts Does that hook allow to implement all the functionality GDPR requires? I know you can add a pop-up window during loading a game but can you call that window anytime from the game to cancel your consent if you change your mind? And does it send all proper informations to ad network or is it just a simple 'info' windows instead?

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Android has the same hook class I believe.

Sure. I have the button in my games.
    If you learn how Buildbox integrates MoPub and follow the Admob integration guide, you should be able to get it working.

I'm working on a tutorial that I'm hoping to finish in the next couple of weeks or so.
    Failing that, you can always hire a programmer to do it for you.

11. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Thanks @AaroArts ! I'll try to give it a try ;)
    That's not exaclty what I was expecting from codeless software :D
    'Model and improve* (your skills)!' :D

12. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys. Thanks for
    Thanks. I'll check with support team on that to make sure it is handled.
    And yes we will fix this couple annoying issues for final 2.3.7 release. (Especially this animation jump to Idle)

about GDPR button. working on this right now.

And I'm thinking on something more flexible then just dedicated GDPR button for AdMob.
    I'm thinking more about Custom button that can execute customers code. It can be Revoke GDPR Consent or anything else.
    It will be more like adIntegrator way. And of course I'll provide default code that will do AdMob consent revocation.

13. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Great news! =)

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@NikRudenko is the universal coin observer broken in this BB2.3.7 beta? You know the one that was introduced in 2.3.6 or so, so we could observe total coins from different worlds even backwards in the UI structure?

Edit: actually yes, it seems so. Points are still working, but coins are broken. Both for Total and Best.

Edit 2: for some weird reason, now it is working again. I have no idea what's the reason. I did play with it a little more, deleted and added the event observers again... but really can't say why it's working now. I have the exact same setup than before. Very confusing...

And yes, a custom button to trigger code would be very appreciated. Thanks a lot for that.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    dotcasualgames likes this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

And another bug:
    When you use a point event observer (probably happens to others as well) it does observe correctly, BUT it still shows for a split second the UI the event observer is in. So it looks like a bug because it shows you first one UI then the other it redirects too. I realized that just now testing my game on device (iOS).

Thanks for fixing this as well.

Edit: no ads (interstitials) are shown in this UI, thought I would mention that because it has nothing to do with the interstitial 0.5 sec bug.

I insist, the order should be like: 1. screen on Enter / 2. check if observer / 3. check if advertisement / 4. check if open animation

16. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

There is also a bug when you use world as a background for main menu i.e when Ui loads on top of world the alignment differs.You can see that while changing screen size in buildbox simulator.

17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @NikRudenko Will the cool down function will be fixed in the final version?? I am currently working on a level based game with 100 levels but I also would like to use random scenes function. So at each new game session scenes will be random but player will be able to complete the game after he/she beats like 100 levels. For now whatever I do seems the scenes still repeat, I mean the possibility of repetitive scenes is still there! Thank youç

18. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi! Yes, this is a big problem! Recently I started making a game with 2 worlds and one UI, the character moves between them by getting into the jump menu. I found that the reward points and reward coins is not working properly.

In the settings I specify:
    Function - Score
    World - All
    Amount - Current

The score counter does not work immediately with two worlds.
    After passing through the level, I get one point, reaching 3 levels the points are stopped.

Please correct.;)

[​IMG]

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Going to quote here myself lol

But I just opened an older project of mine to finally release it and wanted to do some final adjustments in 2.3.7. The problem I have with the event observer is present again as well in this project. Now it is happening with session points and session coins though. Only the first is triggering correctly but all my other event observers are not. This was clearly working before since I even went through this with Zack back in February. You guys have actually my bbdoc of that. Could you please check that as well @NikRudenko. Thanks.

Oh, and the weird thing is that after opening the project, half of the observers work. But when I add them again or change some settings only the first one works.

Lamora likes this.
  20. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Yes i can also confirm thats something is messed up with coins and points