Something Has Gone Horribly Wrong...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by randomDuck, Aug 27, 2018.

1. randomDuck

randomDuck Boxer

I have pretty much finished the development of a game, and have gone to test it using android studio and followed the tutorial on how to do this posted by @ZackGriset. However, when I go build the apk and run it on the emulator, something is going awfully wrong. It appears that the game loads all of the atlasses onto the screen instead of loading what should actually be there.

The game music plays in the background, and I can still press the UI buttons as I know roughly where they are, but the overlying images never seem to go away.

I've looked pretty much everywhere for a solution or someone with the same problem but can't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached images to show what the game looks like in buildbox preview compared to in the android emulator.

This is what the screen should look like:

Buildbox Preview.png

This is what the android studio emulator is displaying:

Android Studio.png

2. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

So does it still have same issue on a real android device?

randomDuck likes this.
  3. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

Had same experience, but nothing to worry. You game will be perfect on real device.

4. randomDuck

randomDuck Boxer

No, I don't have an android device, so was using the built-in emulator with Android Studio.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear, although I can't understand whats causing it.