How To Make A Object Follow The Character Forever

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by aayushxn, Oct 15, 2016.

1. aayushxn

aayushxn Boxer

Hello! I'm Aayush, From India. I'm Using Buildbox Since its Release. I have Prepared All Assets,Game Concepts,Name, Etc. But According To My Concept, A Object Has To follow The Main Character And It Is An enemy. Anybody Has A Idea About. Most Helpful Graced! :)
    @trudnai @brakewind723 @heathclose @TreySmith

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hi Aayush,

In BuildBox there is no AI, if that use the question. You could, however, add linear velocity to an object, change its speed by Transfer Logic and making predefined movements by Path logic pieces. Maybe you can achieve what you want or close enough to that with these.

3. aayushxn

aayushxn Boxer

I Didn't Get that.... Can You please elaborate That ? Please. May be HelpFull

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you need to find the right formula to make the speed of the character equal to the speed of the enemy and then make enemy action barriers that slow down the speed of the character so the 1st enemy can catch the character and defeat it.

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Ok, AI means Artificial Intelligence. In gaming industry that usually refers to enemy behavior when the enemy chases character or scared from character if that fights back etc. The goal of AI is to give the feeling that the enemy is thinking and acting and reacting as it was controlled by another human. Sometimes AI used to simulate opponents, co-players and even other game actors like obstacles and decoration that makes the game more realistic (like a standbyer or a car you have to take over in a car simulation game)

So that AI is missing from BuildBox. You cannot add intelligence to an enemy. You cannot let enemy follow your character either. Enemy does not know where you are at. Enemy does not know obstacles on the game scene nor how to get around them to attack you. BuildBox does not have a Path Finding algorithm either to do that. But you can add a Path Logic piece dragging it in from the left hand side and define a path where the enemy goes. It will always go that way so you need to set up the scene in a way that players have the feeling that the enemy tries to catch them. You can also add a speed to the enemy object. That is like path but only goes to a linear way, no changing on the path. Sometimes that is what you want to do because that speed remains the same forever. You can have that enemy go forever to the right as your character tries to escape to the right. And that enemy is not restricted to a single scene, as long as it is "close enough" to your character it will be not deleted just keep traveling to the right. And you can add Transform Logic pieces from the left hand side to alter the speed and direction to this enemy. On some scenes it can speed up the enemy, on some others slow it down, maybe it can go up a little bit or down so you can break the monotony of this movement while keep chasing the character through the entire game...

yenomeerf and Christoph like this.
  6. aayushxn

aayushxn Boxer

like one start in the game phases.... i have tried using path but it doesnt work as per my requirements.

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Maybe you could explain what did you want to achieve, what did you try to do and instead what happened? Maybe some screenshots, video or even a bbdoc file would help forum members understanding your question so maybe me or someone else has a chance to help you...

8. aayushxn

aayushxn Boxer

9. Sudarshan

Sudarshan Boxer

Hey, aayushxn.. Which debit card you use to subscribe for license ..with my SBI debit card is can't buy buildbox.