Biggest Missing Feature in BB1 & BB2 = Analytics!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Gregory Storm, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I just watched the Buildbox 2 Event Replay video and the one thing I thought would have been front and center is analytics. Did I miss it in the walkthrough?

I have analytics in every (non-BB) game and app I publish and they quickly tell me whether the release will do well or whether it will flop. The only professional way to know whether the games we make are working is with analytics and it's a must for Buildbox 1.X and 2.X.

Are there seriously no analytics for Buildbox games? If not, that is a MAJOR flaw.

2. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

3. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I know that it can be done with digging into the code, but Buildbox is about simplicity and not about code so having that feature work the same way you add ad networks would be a useful feature for those that don't want to mess with code.

JoeWilson likes this.
  4. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

I agree this would be a very useful integration however, I wouldn't call it a Major Flaw.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. cycomyco

cycomyco Boxer

How is analytic's the biggest thing missing in BuildBox we need AI, Video, 3D imports, SVG, Jpeg, More audio formats ect...... If you asked me analytic's is the last thing on my wish list but even after all that I still believe BuildBox is the best thing going hands down. And in my opinion the biggest thing BuildBox needs is more game types by opening more and more game types the possibilities will become endless and then you will not get 50 BuildBox users making a ball bounce or stick flappy game.

wesam_badr, buman and playsgames6666 like this.
  6. buman

buman Boxer

7. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

Yeah, because for me, it's hard to come up with something unique. I always wanted to make a Zig Zag type game for a while now and I couldn't find a way to do it with BB 1.0.

8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Without analytics you know nothing about your game. You can only guess and guessing is bad business.

Analytics take you from guessing whether your game is good to knowing that your game is good. Without analytics you don't know user retention, what levels are too hard or too easy, or what point in your game you're loosing your user, or how long they play your game or a certain level, or what percentage of user buy your IAPs or whether a specific sale was fruitful, etc., etc., etc..

How many of the Top 10 professional game companies do you think have zero analytics in their games? If Buildbox wants to be taken seriously by professionals and compete with Unity and other professional game builders, they have to act like professional things matter.

JoeWilson, TheViseOne and CryoBox like this.