Buildbox Logic Pieces Question

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DrWho, Aug 17, 2018.

1. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

In Buildbox 2, there is a total of 5 logic pieces to use in your games. Is there any future intentions to add more logic pieces soon in the near future to be able to do more with your games in buildbox?

2. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

Probably not in Buildbox 2. But some new updates bring new features once in a while so it can be possible, but I doubt it. Buildbox 3 can do a lot more in that area but I would not recommend releasing a game with Buildbox 3 in it's current state. The final release of BB3 won't be until 2019 I think.

3. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

But BuildBox 3 is strictly for 3D though and not 2D. So those wanting more advanced logic for use with their 2D games would have an issue then considering there is only 5 logic pieces available to use for 2D games in BuildBox 2.

4. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

I believe I read somewhere here that BB3 will support 2D sometime in the future, but I'm not sure how true that is. If not, making a 2D game could still be possible in BB3. Just import some models that are completely flat and place the camera directly above or in front of them and that can create a 2D effect.

I did the same effect in another game engine. Here is a screenshot.
    https://i.imgur.com/Cxz04pI.jpg

As you can see, the ground is a 3D and extends out into the horizon but the sprites are flat. With an extra bit of tweaking this can look like a natural 2D game.

5. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

So if BuildBox 3D is going to support 2D as well.. then where does that leave all the users that have subscriptions with BuildBox 2D then?!?

6. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

I think it will be a similar scenario with BB1 and BB2. When BB2 was released, BB1 was still updated but overtime it was just faded away and they focused mainly on BB2. When BB3 is released, BB2 will still receive updates but after a year or so it will probably be ditched.

In the past, users with a Buildbox 1 subscription were able to get a discount for Buildbox 2. I predict the same thing will happen with Buildbox 3 as well.

7. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

I'm a little confused here..?! Is BuildBox 3D ... BuildBox 3 ...?!? Or, Is BuildBox 3 still to come yet?