Questions And Bug Reports About Bb3 Beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by tributorock, Jul 30, 2018.

1. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I have been using BB3 Beta since launch and I have some questions and also talk about some bugs:

Questions:

1 - Is there any way to use a SNAP? I did not see any tools with this option.

2 - Is there any way to use UVW map? I tried to apply textures on objects but saw no UVW map option.

3 - How to configure animations in BB3 beta? How to animate objects and characters? How to import ready animations? Can I use FBX?

4 - How can I connect objects in the same way we did in BB2?

5 - I want to create a game with an FPS camera simulating an apartment. Is it possible to do this in BB3 Beta?

Problems

1 - I have an Acer Predator Laptop. If I have BB3 Beta it only works if I select the integrated intel video card. And when I use the intel card the BB3 gets several visual bugs and I can not work. If I try to use the nvidia GTX 1060 card I can start BB3 but it crashes and will not let me open the scene. The only way I was able to use the BB3 Beta was by placing an external monitor attached to the laptop and using only the nvidia GTX 1060 card on that monitor.

2 - Whenever I have to use the Assets or Smart assets I can not see the preview image of them. I can even put them on the scene, but when I try to go back to the Mind map the BB3 beta crashes.

Thanks

2. CCdev

CCdev Boxer

How can I rotate the Camera around the Character with holding and dragging on the screen in game?

3. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi tributorock,

In case you haven't figured it out yet, do your UV unwrap and create the associated image using that unwrap in whatever 3D tool and image processor you are using. That UV image file is what you use as BB3's texture.

With that said, most 3D objects I import crash preview, even when observing the current one material limitation.

Your items 1,3 and 4 are also questions I have.

Bill