How To Buy Buildbox Cheaper

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by nyamuk91, Aug 15, 2018.

1. nyamuk91

nyamuk91 Boxer

Hey there boxers. Not sure if this the right place to ask this question. So recently, I bought the book "Crushing Hyper Casual Games" and before I can download the book, I saw a video advertisement of Buildbox with discounted price. At the time, I was not interested to buy the program since I'm only interested in the book. However, after reading the book, I feel like I should give Buildbox a try. However, I couldn't find the link to the discount page. Is there any way for me to buy Buildbox at the discounted price again? Thanks

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

buy the book again?

3. nyamuk91

nyamuk91 Boxer

4. jens_loncke

jens_loncke Boxer

I don't thinks so, correct me if i'm wrong but buildbox is now subscribe based, it a decent price for starters to learn buildbox, you should give it a try,

Hope this helped

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can buy only 1 month subscription.
    I recommend the Indie subscription to test the software, and if you are interested, continue with that subscription or expand to the PRO version.
    https://www.buildbox.com/license-options/

6. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

7. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

8. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

9. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

they do the indie version for $199 USD a year which is $282 AUD
    usually you pay about $35 USD per month for indie ($48 AUD)
    but with the yearly it works out to be 16 USD a month if you go with yearly on Indie (thats 23 AUD)

I wish they did a Pro version discount as well I think if they charged about the same as the indie version for one year say 35 x 12 = pro subscription I think that would be good value. even if they only did it for ONE year it would get more people on to a pro license for sure.

I am finding myself running into limitation with the Indie version now with some of my games I can redeveloping from GameSalad.
    eg my game Alley Cat touch on iOS and Android, it has 30 levels in it. which would be about 30 worlds in buildbox. Indie only lets me do 3 worlds which is pretty limited. to me, considering the Pro version of game salad is 35 USD per month and lets you do anything in the software, and yes i understand that buildbox does alot more including 3d games, but in a way buildbox is also limited in terms of building your own logic or adding more logic blocks etc. But yes I know buildbox 3 can do this but thats still in beta.

i just think the Indie version should at least give you 5 worlds min or at least add more plans eg have another plan on top of the indie version that adds say 10 more worlds etc. or allow people to purchase world packs, where for an extra fee per month you can create say 10 more worlds etc. I just think 3 worlds isn't alot considering its the middle plan.

Or even better yet limit the scenes in favour or more worlds? or only limited to just iOS and Android exporting. Even I would be happy with just iOS and android exporting as long as I had more worlds.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018