Anyone Heard Of Tabtale?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by manupr, Aug 9, 2018.

1. manupr

manupr Boxer

tabtale (or crazy labs) is israel based hyper casual mobile games publisher. they have made 2 hits "run sausage run" and "run around". quite less compared to voodoo and lion studio.

are they good to work with? any experiences?

after one bad story of not getting paid by my old publisher i feel scared to work with any new publisher.

2. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

who was your old publisher? so we avoid it.

3. manupr

manupr Boxer

my old publisher has closed business, so you guys are safe ;)

4. ZAMAXT

ZAMAXT Boxer

I’m interested if anyone has info/experience with these guys (Crazy Labs or TabTale).

They seem right up my alley with the avoidance game I’m currently working on.

5. manupr

manupr Boxer

@mastermind131 published one game with them. He may know.

they have not made many super hits so far, but some of their games have been at top ranks for some time.

6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I am currently working with TabTale and they have been great to work with.

They will demand that you port the game to Unity, if you are unable to do it yourself they will do it for you.
    You will have to do a 7 day test in limited countries that they choose, they throw marketing dollars at your game and then wait for the results. You have to create the marketing materials for the 7 day test and hand it to them for insertion into their marketing campaign for the test.
    If the 7 day test goes well they will then put together new marketing materials by their team and do a full worldwide release.

You will pay for expenses incurred by them, which includes marketing, but I will say they have the best revenue split I have seen.

They hand out great advice and recommendations. Terrific and knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend them.

weboha, ZAMAXT and mastermind131 like this.
  7. Aswathy Jain

Aswathy Jain Boxer

Yes , working with TabTale . Its good . Please continue with this.

mastermind131 likes this.
  8. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Boxer

Hey i have been working with tab tale and they are currently undergoing retention test of my. So is the number that are shown at my apple developer account is actually the number of downloads. If not how can know about the number of downloads and what is the decent number of downloads for first 4 days.
    Please help me.

9. particles

particles Avid Boxer

You can able to track installation yourself by adding Game Analytics or Facebook SDK.

10. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

Appstore may show more installs because it tracks the install even if the app is not launched, but it's pretty close.
    As for the downloads number, it depends on how much tab tale invested. maybe ask them how many downloads are expecting.
    good luck

11. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Boxer

t
    Thanks,
    but from last two days the has not received any kind of decent downloads, it is even in single digits. what do you suggest?

12. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

Maybe the campaign stopped and those are organic installs. Or the campaign didn't even start.
    I suggest you ask the publisher.

13. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Boxer

The downloads shown in the App Store is very low right now. Is this possible that as the campaign is started by the publisher are using AppsFlyer to track downloads(I have implemented the AppsFlyer sdk on the app) the iTunes app connect account is not showing the downloads.

14. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

that, I don't think is possible. again I suggest you ask them, maybe they have not started yet.

15. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Hello, I have a Skype call with tabtale tomorrow.
    Is there any advice that I need?
    Thanks

16. wissemslimi974

wissemslimi974 Boxer

Nothing to worry about, they are friendly people.

Leighton likes this.
  17. manupr

manupr Boxer

- tabtale has cloned a game of voodoo on app store (amaze!).
    - they publish their own inhouse games if you notice. they have no interest in publishing external developer games. maybe they are testing external games only get 'data'.
    - they make you create soo many video and screenshot and what not just for simple retention and CPI test. other publishers dont do this.
    - they are also not transparent with anything like how much your game's CPI was wont even give you access to analytics (appflyer).
    - they take sooo long to start a simple retention test (voodoo does it in days)
    - they are 'nice' ;) but try to ask for better deal or for more transparency then you will see if hot 'nice' they remain ;)

dont see why anyone would go to tabtale.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. blackiyto

blackiyto Boxer

PP store may show more installs because it tracks the install even if the app is not launched, but it's pretty close.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019